PDA

View Full Version : Removing MAF

arsebiter
03-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Hi guys,

Can somebody please tell me how to remove the MAF from a 2003 Galant 2.4L? Like do i have to remove the whole section of air hose, or can the sensor itself be removed. Thanx.

mko
03-31-2010, 09:09 AM
did you have honda before the galant? lol

Are you looking to replace it or just to have more air going into the engine?

Well the second one wont work. There are bunch of sensors in there and w/o them it will run like crap or it wont run at all

arsebiter
03-31-2010, 09:53 AM
no i am actually having problems with my car, its the worst car i have ever owned...I just want to remove MAF so i can clean it properly...

varroa
03-31-2010, 10:06 AM
be careful, the cleaners in a can which are available from autozone and such do not work for mitsubishi MAFs. it says it right on the can.

LatinoX20
03-31-2010, 10:17 AM
you have to remove the whole section i believe.... but yes, beware of the cleaners, whats wrong wit ur car? maybe is something else

arsebiter
03-31-2010, 01:03 PM
well i posted under the thread "Poor Idle, Shuts off" that my car, esp when A/C is turned on, it stalls and shuts off. Sometimes it stalls without the A/C turned on. I have sprayed electric contact cleaner on the MAF by removing air cleaner, and spraying from there. It seemed to remedy the problem for a couple months and now its back. I have recently cleaned the throttle body, but problem is still there. It drives fine...but idle is the problem. Its either that or the IAC, but IAC looks too difficult to remove and clean properly...if any insight on MAF or IAC removal is available (and which is easier to remove and clean) please tell me

RAZ_76
03-31-2010, 01:53 PM
Sounds like you might need to replace the IAC not clean. IAC is easy to replace.

arsebiter
03-31-2010, 02:43 PM
sorry forgot to add, when i unplug the MAF now, it seems to run allright, idle ok, and I can turn AC, and it hasnt stalled yet. I dont know if i have both the MAF and the IAC shot..

duh2150
03-31-2010, 07:09 PM
you might just have a vacuum leak