PDA

View Full Version : car got hit

bronxbombr
03-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Man i am so upset first i get robbed by thieves then this heres a pic worth all the words i cant speak.

BEAST
03-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Man, I am sorry to hear that. Your pic isn't coming up. What happend to it anyway, how did it happen?

bronxbombr
03-03-2003, 05:07 PM
well i was going to the post office, and as i was double parking or should i say double parked, I had just looked down to get the package.
When i looked up all i saw was this big SUV backing up into my door and fender. Glass shot all ova the place and on me too for that matter. I jump out and this asshole tells me how he didnt see me"So whats the fucking point of having a SUV if u cant fuck'n drive bitch" as i replied. Oh its just an accident, lil fender bender. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif Immediatly he tries to squirm his way out by jumpin in the car as i jumped in front of em so he couldnt pull off.

I got the cops to write a report where he states that he is in the wrong but you know how the insurance companies are.

I will have to wait and see if I get paid but it is making me think a whole different way about my G. Good thing is that the door will only cost me 175 from my local junkyard. Hopefully i can get it in the color i need.
here is a link to the pics of damage i have so far.

http://bronxboomer.tripod.com/images/Untitled-2.jpg

bronxbombr
03-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Oh well now i am selling my stock 6x9's and my passenger side window motor. I really dont know what to do. I feel so discouraged, you know once the car get its first hit it never rides or looks the same again. Maybe I'll sell it as is for 4000 we'll see'

BEAST
03-03-2003, 06:00 PM
My car got hit too. About 3 weeks ago or so. My girlfriend's cousin backed into with his truck. He was backing up the driveway hit some ice then grabbed traction and went back into my car. Now I gotta get a new hood and header panel. It may work out good though because I may be getting a new paintjob, body kit, and JDM headlights! I thought about selling my car too, I found this 94 GS 5 speed for 2900 and I really want a 5 speed so I don't know what to do.

bronxbombr
03-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Well my friend, it looks like we have the same problem, lets make a forum for hit and runs. :cry:

QnzMostWanted
03-03-2003, 09:58 PM
hey Al, here the pics u wanted me to upload

http://tgcny.galants.com/al1.jpg

http://tgcny.galants.com/al2.jpg

bronxbombr
03-04-2003, 11:37 AM
well I went to the JY today and got the door, its almost the same color as mine(almost) and the car it came from had a fly ass wing on the trunk. I wish i had taken pics of it to show u. My Junk Yard has over 20 Galants there with all types of parts so I may just keep the G and upgrade it a lil.

Tiptronic
03-04-2003, 11:44 AM
damn bro. sorry to hear that. good thing you were able to stop him. ppl are always trying to leave the scene of an accident. hope it all works out

bronxbombr
03-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Yup, I just got off the phone wit his insurance company, tomorrow I'm going to one of their auto body shops for a apprasal of the damage. Shiit if they gonna repair it I might as well either take the door back to the junkyard or sell it to one of my NYC TGC members who needs one. Hopefully the insurance company's body shop will also paint the whole car over too. Has anyone heard of STAR AUTO BODY? If u do, then u already have a good idea of how much it will cost them to fix the damage in the pics posted above. Also i was wondering what else i can get out of it if they do decide to fix the car.

livinit2dafulist
03-05-2003, 11:02 AM
They might not paint the whole car because thats how they save money.they will do only the damaged parts. i know from expeiance i have a 3000gt i got into an accident that cost 5600 to fix and the bastard that fixed it didn repaint the side skrit molding on the door that was damaged. plus the paint that was used flakes right off really pissed me off he then didnt want to fix it so i cut the valves on 3 of his tires on his ford f150 harley davidson eddition. that was fun...... i dont get angry i get evean....
but one thing you might want to do is take the money put the door on your self and save up for a full paint job or a custom paint job. good luck.

Khopari
03-05-2003, 11:24 AM
damn,, i know how u feel,, been there,,

bronxbombr
03-05-2003, 11:52 AM
Well i got the estimate, gonna cost 1,964 bux to fix and paint the whole thing over. and for a bonus they are even gonna paint and match the doors and fenders too. Some how the car has been painted in 3 shades of the same color which i knew but really looks hard to tell. So ya i could take the money and get it painted or make the shop do it all and paint for a extra 200bux on the side being that i bought the door already. Guess where they were gonna get the parts from?, same place i bought em from already. That was a great coincedence so that way i know how much all the parts cost them too.

Wish me luck. Time to see if they will and when will they pay up :twisted:

BEAST
03-05-2003, 03:42 PM
We are in the exact same perdicaments. I am getting about 1800 or 1900 for my car too. Only difference is that mine is to the hood and header panel. I am gonna get a new paint job too. I am still looking for places to buy from though. We don't have to many 7gs in the junkyards around here. I'll have to get some pics of my wrecked car for you guys.

MidNightRacing
03-05-2003, 04:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BEAST)</div><div class='quotemain'>We are in the exact same perdicaments. Â*I am getting about 1800 or 1900 for my car too. Â*Only difference is that mine is to the hood and header panel. Â*I am gonna get a new paint job too. Â*I am still looking for places to buy from though. Â*We don't have to many 7gs in the junkyards around here. Â*I'll have to get some pics of my wrecked car for you guys.</div>
Just the damage on mie is $1720. Im gettin it fully painted and will probly still only pay $1720 alos getting a new exaust. *%^$(@# procarparts cant *%&(*( send me the right part for the intake!! :evil:

Galant Ryder
03-10-2003, 03:09 PM
hey bronxbombr where exactly is the junk yard you go to? im in manhattan an it would be nice to know where to get pieces for my car. thanx

bronxbombr
03-10-2003, 03:33 PM
It's called Hilltop Auto Salvage here's the #718 304-0706
If u make it before i do go get that trunk off the grey 95 in the front by the green 95 galant. The wing on that shit is the dopest I've seen on a 7G
but they dont sell the wing u gotta buy the whole trunk.

Also guess what!! I got the check today to fix my car https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif its gonna cost 1,103.35 bux for the shop to do it. Too bad i got the check after i put it in the shop or I would have found somewhere cheaper and pocketed the change :twisted: Oh Joy. there is a rainbow after it rains after all:).

BEAST
03-10-2003, 03:51 PM
I got my check just the other day too. I got about 1750. I am hella happy about that. Now I just gotta wait for my tax return and vacation time money from work and I'll be set!

zippyflu
03-11-2003, 10:52 AM
listen to this accident i got into. I was parked outside of my freinds house. Then as i was going out of my friends house, his neighbor across the street came over to us and told us she hit out car. I was like.. wat?? it turns out.. she didn't "see" my car in the dark, and as she was coming out of her drive way, she hit me.. STUPID SUV's. so we waited for like 30 min for the cops to come. and finally when the cops came, the stupid lady was tryin to put the blame on me. she was like.. ppl around the neighborhood has told me( i dont live there) that i shouldnt park right outside of the other ppl's driveway, the cop was like "this aint a curtoesy issue" then the lady was like. this street is too dark... in the end.. i got an apprasal for like $754. It was a lil dent on the back driver side door. juss pocketed.. not even going to bother.. saving up for a newer galant...

BEAST
03-11-2003, 10:58 AM
That sucks that you got a dent now. Is it very big? Oh well you got 700 bucks now.

bronxbombr
03-11-2003, 12:06 PM
kool beans dude, make sure u get what u want with that dough cuz u earned it https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

bronxbombr
03-11-2003, 02:30 PM
I went to look at the car today and its coming along better than i expected, Oh ya I have the old passenger door window motor and switches left ova if anyone needs em. Also getting rid of the 16's I got with new tires. thats five rims for the price of 4 https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif