PDA

View Full Version : Lower Power Steering Hose

tamim13
04-01-2010, 11:03 PM
So I've run into my first problem due to our 2003 Galants getting old. My Lower Power steering hose (suction hose), Mitsu Part# MR333542 is not being manufactured by Mitsubishi anymore. The MD (Rockville and Silver Spring) dealers don't have it in stock, and I was told by them, that the part number cannot be ordered from Mitsubishi either (the system says "This part cannot be ordered").

So I called Mitsubishi HQ (after all our cars are not even 10 years old). And was told rather rudely that I was calling HQ and they do not deal with parts and they can't give me a number to call the Mitsu HQ Parts office. So I asked them what my options were, and I was told to check in a Junkyard or Aftermarket. Well, since I wasn't getting any help there, I went to the local NAPA and the local Advance Auto Parts. Both of them don't have any power steering hoses for our cars and was told to go to the dealer.

So, what do you think my options are. Keith is getting me one from the Galant he's pulling parts from (used). I would really also like to get my hands on a new one. Anyone has any contacts or recommendations? I believe there is a big Mitsubishi Parts center where my local dealer orders parts from in New Jersey, could someone from the area check it out for me?

My car is a 2003 Galant ES 2.4L.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

G-spot
04-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Geez is it that hard for you to pull one off from a junkyard? You can find one out of many that's in good condition for a fraction of the price rather than waiting weeks for a new one.

tamim13
04-01-2010, 11:45 PM
No it's not, there are plenty of junkyards in my area. But it's just $25 for a new hose. And when you're talking about hoses, isn't it always better to get a new one rather than one from a Junk yard that has 100K miles on it, or has been exposed to the elements, just for it to go bad on you again?

Like I said, Keith has pulled one for me, but maybe I'm a n00b and have never run across a problem finding a part for my G from the dealer so far, that's why I'm surprised.

tamim13
04-02-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm surprised that no one else had ever had to replace their p/s hose before. I know the v6 has got a different (longer hose), does anyone know if this can be cut to fit the 4cyl? Also, I just ordered a 2005 4cyl eclipse hose. It looks similar in the picture, but am not sure if it will fit, lets see how that goes.

tamim13
04-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Well, just for everyone's information if they ever want to replace this. For the 4cyl, the hose is not available anywhere in the US. Instead you can buy the 2005 eclipse 4cyl suction hose (Mitsu Part# MR333807). Exact fit and is still available for about $15 from the dealer.