PDA

View Full Version : Considering putting 17's Rims up front nd steelies in back..

bobmundo123
04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
This a good idea.. When i broke my axels when drifting and hitting curb i broke 2 rims.. i still have 2 of those left. These are 17's. I was thinking of putting those up front considering it is an autio front wheel drive and those rims still have good tires on em.. and considering it is bigger it could probably cover up the big gap between the car and the wheel.. that infamous gap we always discuss up on the boards.. guys again, im a noob.. ive been trying to do my homework, but ahlf of the stuff i read is like chinese to me.. lool.. thanks to all you guys out there who have been helping me out thus far!

=)

03-Galant-ES
04-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Stop drifting your car. Sell your good rims put put steelies back on. Get new rims when you can. This is not a Honda civic forum I dont think anyone of our members have done this before. It tell people either 2 things about you. You cannot afford anything, but want your car to look cool -or- You drag race with your stock monster truck Galant. Neither of which are cool so dont do it.

You cannot drift a fwd car. You cannot drift period if you have already hit a curb. If you are gonna keep trying to drift sell your car and take public transportation it will be safer for you.

tjones156
04-03-2010, 03:42 PM
^X2, matching rims whether they be steelies or aftermarket would be a better decision IMO

E_Emerson88
04-03-2010, 04:10 PM
i have some 15's you can buy, back when i used to do stupid e-brake turns they handled pretty well lol

Jeffylou87
04-03-2010, 05:08 PM
::facepalm::

rez887
04-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Put the two 17"s on the driver side, and 15" on the passenger side.

showtime
04-03-2010, 06:03 PM
::facepalm::

X a freaking lot.

buy a 240 if you want to drift.

bobmundo123
04-03-2010, 06:26 PM
Stop drifting your car. Sell your good rims put put steelies back on. Get new rims when you can. This is not a Honda civic forum I dont think anyone of our members have done this before. It tell people either 2 things about you. You cannot afford anything, but want your car to look cool -or- You drag race with your stock monster truck Galant. Neither of which are cool so dont do it.

You cannot drift a fwd car. You cannot drift period if you have already hit a curb. If you are gonna keep trying to drift sell your car and take public transportation it will be safer for you.

The drift wasn't intentional must you know.. Water on asphalt, and little tread on tires and a sharp turn that you don't see ahead of you could do that.. lol.. I know your not supposed to drift in front wheel.. I don't.. I mean not going to lie.. i have.. But its extremely unsafe, So yea.. im not that crazy.. and ouch to the civic comment.. haha..

But i mean, I have steelies on now.. They look rusted so I'm thinking of jus lightly sanding, and putting a fresh coat of black or grey on em.. hmm.. no one seems like they are up for me putting the 2 17's up front. I just think i'd be wasting them. Who is going to uy 2 17' ricochet rims.. you know..

Again guys.. i mean.. I'm a noob, I say that honestly. I've only started tempering with things... And i really honestly want to learn.. I appreciate al your help here at theGalantCenter

G-spot
04-03-2010, 08:48 PM
This a good idea.. When i broke my axels when drifting and hitting curb i broke 2 rims..
Wow, just wow :spinner: Keeps getting younger and younger in here.

bobmundo123
04-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Wow, just wow :spinner: Keeps getting younger and younger in here.

oo.. haha.. I meant I don't know if this a good idea.. (the axel thing was a back story.. )

Guys.. it was an honest accident. Please don't judge upon that..

showtime
04-03-2010, 09:22 PM
save up for 4 all new rims.

polishmafia
04-03-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm not judging you on how you cracked your two rims. I am judging you on wanting to put two steelies and two rims on your car...

...and the verdict is that you are a moron.

bobmundo123
04-03-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm not judging you on how you cracked your two rims. I am judging you on wanting to put two steelies and two rims on your car...

...and the verdict is that you are a moron.

how sweet...

thanks to everyone else who actually made useful comments to a question i was taking seriously. As to others who like to poke fun at a noob, and someone who got in an accident.. grow up.

Corey2kG
04-03-2010, 09:38 PM
most people here in mass if you only have the 2 rims those would go in the back and the black outs would go in the front. your better off putting all 4 black outs wit some hub caps or something lol.... and even at that the smart person wouldnt bigger rims in the front it would just look ridiculous... as far as the gap thats just the way the car is even wit 20s you still have the gap if your not gonna drop the car dont worry about the gap.
PUT ALL 4 BLACK OUTS N END OF STORY.....

seth98esT
04-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Put both 17s on one side, then half the people will think you have nice wheels :)

Corey2kG
04-03-2010, 09:43 PM
lmao
good shit...

bobmundo123
04-03-2010, 09:46 PM
But yea.. Verdict. Gunna Rip My Steelies of... sand down the rust.. Coat of black.. then remount.. MAybe et some hubs.. not sure if they'll Fit the stellies looke a bit bent out of shape.. But We'll see

Corey2kG
04-03-2010, 09:54 PM
go 2 the junkyard im sure you could get something there 4 cheap

bobmundo123
04-03-2010, 09:56 PM
go 2 the junkyard im sure you could get something there 4 cheap

think i might. The rims i had on them before, i gto them for really cheap. 200 for 4 17's rims and Yokohama Tires on em.. It was a stealll