PDA

View Full Version : Still going, unfortunatlely

MistaMits
03-04-2003, 02:57 AM
Well i was told to get rid of my mits, but i just can't. The car is still on the road but is doing better. I still have a couple questions about some issues, when the fan is on it speeds up when i accelerate, and slows down when i stop. The check engine light still comes on and the engine cuts out for like a second then the light goes out. And they replaced a pulley and belt and now it makes a whining sound as the car is running that gets louder when i accelerate. I know that i am dumping alot of problems on you, but i really figure this is my best shot. maybe i should be sending it to the to a mits certified dealer. anyways look out for my posts in the other forums as i look to make some mods to this car. -thanks-

Nick VR4
03-04-2003, 03:15 AM
take it to a mits garage not some back seat shop that has no idea what there doing

JiP
03-04-2003, 08:44 AM
I agree with taking it to a mitsu mechanic.

But, did you ever get the ce light codes read, what were the error codes?
Your belts are squealing becuae the mechanic didnt tension them properly.

As far as modding the car, bad bad idea. Can't mod a sick car, fix your problems first before you make things much worse.

MistaMits
03-05-2003, 01:03 AM
i talked to a local dealership who agreed to inspect the car free of charge. They think i'm looking to replace it https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif . So after i get that documentation showing the real damage i will take that to the dealer. At that point i should have some ammo so i can fire back at this guy when he tells me everything is just fine. damn dirty salesmen!!! :twisted: