PDA

View Full Version : 2001 galant problem car dies/surges

nigblock70
04-10-2010, 05:45 PM
hey guys I am new to this forum! anyways I was driving down the freeway at about 65mph when all of a sudden the car bucked, then tottally died. I pulled over, and tried starting it, but it would only start with me pumping the accelerator. I had to keep the rpms up and dump it in drive to get it to goanywhere, I had to keep it in 2nd gear as it would die in drive! I got to my destination, parked it the service engine soon light is on. 3 days later I started the car, ses light still on, ran fine, drove it down the freeway, and it bucked and died again........ It is really wierd because it seems to run really good other then this! HELP!

nigblock70
04-10-2010, 06:00 PM
ok, just went out and hooked a scanner to it, it gave me a couple codes for shift solenoid D, I cleared it, we will see if it comes back.... really wierd!

nigblock70
04-10-2010, 08:40 PM
ok it started doing it again this time the code was p0340, cam position sensor circuit malfunction....... i looked over the harness, it looks ok, think I should try changing the sensor? anyone?

njjfudge
04-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Your balance shaft belt might have broken and took out that sensor. Same thing happen to my 8g bout a year ago. Try taking the timing cover off and take a look.

spoolin8g
04-12-2010, 03:36 PM
I am having same problem but how would balance shaft belt which is on bottom hallf of engine affect cam sensor which is on top of motor? I thought i was a short or babd sensors becuase I have both Cam and Cranks sensor circuit malfunction CEL. Also it cuts off fuel so I thought it was a fuel problem but turns out it wasnt. for a while there I had Ducked taped the fuel pump relay closed so that i could start. Timming is on but with the computer not knowing TDC thorugh the cranks and cam sensor it all messed up electricly....lol If anyone has any advise or solution please PM....Thanks Guys