PDA

View Full Version : Did I do it?

MidNightRacing
03-04-2003, 02:02 PM
Well yester day I was going about 65 down the block. Then I heard this sound that sounded like the tire was leakin air. I drive on to another street low speed (speed limit :cry: ) then I get off to see what happened. There was smoke coming out of the drivers side rear wheel well :shock: .
I took the car home. Put it in the garage then look at it more closer the was a hole in the bottom of the muffler. There was problems with it befor (sounded like a pipe was loose). Either two things happened. It got cut by something, Or (possibly not) I was driving too hard (as usual) and I poped it. But i never remember hearing anything that supports the first possibilty. i had my window down cause i wanted to hear how my engine was acting.

JiP
03-04-2003, 03:58 PM
never knew anyone to blow a hole in a mufler in a stock car unless it was already rusted to death inside which is probably what happend rust just made it so week you blew a hole through it.

Also never knew anyone that hit something and caused a hole, Im fairly sureyou would remember hitting something that would cause a hole in an unrusty healthy muffler would be a big impact to actualy puncture through.

MidNightRacing
03-04-2003, 04:36 PM
It aint rusted but its got that black film on some parts of it

JiP
03-04-2003, 04:40 PM
no rust ha thats coOl then if you blew the hole lol

Is the hole by any weld seem? Or is it just in the middle of the tank?
Does it look like it was ripped apart by a jagged object or is it a clean break?

Had to be that a rock shot through it, a muffler blowing up from power is funy shit though but i dont think our 7gs have that power lol.

MidNightRacing
03-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Thats y its strange I didn't hit anything and not enough power to blow it up. The hole is in the middle of the tank looks sorta like a nail hole. I got some nails that have a flat top and wide so the top view of them remind me of the hole in the muffler