PDA

View Full Version : My horn doesn't work

mred101
04-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Hello all,
I have an '01 ES V6 with a horn issue. I think the contact plate / button / whatever-you-call-that-widget-that-you-push-on-to-make-the-horn-honk is defunct. The last time I honked the horn it honked, went silent, then honked until I removed the fuse. When I put the fuse in, it'll take a moment to register and the honk continuously without touching the steering wheel.

Obviously, this is a really big safety issue, and I need some help on resolving it. I have a few bits from the sticky with the pdf of the manual, but had issues last time I tried to download a couple of sections. I have a manual for another vehicle, and looking through there proved to be of little use (mainly info about SRS and steering wheel replacement). I think it should be something I can resolve but have no idea of how to get to the part.

If anyone has the pdf section that has info for the steering wheel, pm me for email.

Any advice is appreciated, TIA.

Ruslik
04-13-2010, 09:37 PM
did you ckeck the wires that lead up to the horn? any damage? rust? horn itself okay?
where in bucks county u located?

mred101
04-13-2010, 09:42 PM
The horn seems to be stuck in the honking position. I don't really think it's wires, etc.

Just over 202. Literally two minute drive to the bridge:)

Ruslik
04-13-2010, 09:57 PM
hmm so its like stickin on the steering wheel?
im in richboro/ newtown all the time

mred101
04-13-2010, 10:04 PM
That's what I'm guessin... just gotta figure out how to unstick it. Inspection is due this month to boot.