PDA

View Full Version : Car Hard to Start after Stall

RacerX4g64S
04-14-2010, 07:18 AM
I have 95s with a 5 speed and when my girlfriend borrowed my car the other day she stalled out and got stuck a the gas station. She tried the to start the car 15m later and it was fine.

I forced stalled it and in the drive way. When I restated it it ran rough at about 500-600 rpm for about 2-3 seconds and died. I tried it again and it did the same thing. I waited about 10m and tried it. I STARTED UP FINE.

It seems like maybe a fuel/ecu issue because it still runs the same if i step on the gas while it runs at 500-600 rpm!

Any thoughts?

Also to the first SOB who say "dont stall" sit on it!!:tongue:

mko
04-14-2010, 08:07 AM
you need to see which one is missing when it doesnt want to start - fuel, spark or air. Obviously air can not be missing, but there may be a post MAS leak.

So, Check for spark, check for fuel while its choked and doesnt want to start

Could be as simple as IAC, fuel pump, distributor, or ECU

Is the CEL on?

RacerX4g64S
04-15-2010, 07:09 AM
It does start and run for a few seconds rough.

Its seems to be fuel related as when it starts up and runs rough 500-600 rpm I notice it running rich.

NO CEL and it only does if if you stall (dump the clutch and no gas). I have turned off the key while running (or the car in motion down a quite street) and it starts up instantly when I try.

New plugs and wires about 6 months ago. Problem is about a year old. I rarely stall be you girlfriend does about once or twice a month.

I may try a distributor as I think I have a spare one. Will let you know!