PDA

View Full Version : Burning smell/gas dissipating fast

Serstylz2
04-14-2010, 12:13 PM
For about a week, when i've gotten out of my car after a drive I smell a burning smell, mostly smells like rubber burning. I filled up my tank last Friday, and already I am down to less than a quarter tank, usually I make it 12-13 days on a full tank, i did do significantly more driving this past weekend but i dont think that much more.. while I was filling up, i couldn't turn my car off because of my issues with my starter so i gassed up with it running, and like 6 times the pump would stop and i would hear a hissing noise from the gas tank, which i chalked up to me pumping while the car was on. also, at one point, the tank rejected the new fuel and spit it down the side of my car. again chalked it up to running car. should i wait til my next fill-up and gauge my miles before getting concerned or does something jump off the page to anyone?

qnz
04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
burning smell could be a plastic bag caught under your car and melting ooto the exhaust.

Serstylz2
04-15-2010, 10:01 AM
i hope so, my tank is pretty close to empty so i will report back upon refill

8g831
04-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah i been smelling burnt oil as soon as i step outta the car right in front of my grille,i got the valve cover gaskets changed and oil was dripping sometime from my cap so could it be that excess oil that was leaking thats making that smell or any specific things i should look at

Shadow19
04-15-2010, 03:14 PM
I know with my walbro fuel pump i can hear it very clear. Sometimes it will cut out and then cut back on while idling. I havent experienced any issue as of yet. As for the bad gas mileage. The weather is changing and its still trying to adjust to the environment (atleast i experience that).

Sowndwayv
04-17-2010, 02:01 PM
...i did do significantly more driving this past weekend but i dont think that much more...

...so i gassed up with it running...

...straight genius. First thing you should do before blindly asking for assistance is get you head on straight. Actually think about how you drive and how you treat your car so you can get a clearer picture on the effects taking place.

RAZ_76
04-17-2010, 02:11 PM
You could have just got some bad gas and that's why the drop in mpgs. I get that all the time.

Serstylz2
04-17-2010, 02:54 PM
...straight genius. First thing you should do before blindly asking for assistance is get you head on straight. Actually think about how you drive and how you treat your car so you can get a clearer picture on the effects taking place.

Shhhhh. Leave my thread