PDA

View Full Version : Poor workmanship or am I overreacting?

rocgalant
04-14-2010, 08:35 PM
So I attempted to change out my lame halogens bulbs for HIDs today and found that the bulbs and the locking ring (the twisting knob that secures the bulb in place) are mismatched. The left bulb is some no name and the right is Sylvania. The left locking ring twists on and locks without screws and the right side also twists to lock but it uses 3 screws as the locking mechanism.

I was really shocked to find that these parts did not match on the left and right side. Seemed like they just had a grab bag of random parts and slapped them on.

Am I wilding or is pretty lame quality on Mitsu's part?

Rizzzo29
04-14-2010, 09:53 PM
could have been broke and ghetto rigged by a past member, lol my glove box was wood glued shut with little wood peices as parts of the inner handle

rocgalant
04-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Lol wow that's ridiculous! Dammit why can't we get ourselves together in America (Normal, IL plant)? Doesn't matter if it's an American car or Foreign car. If it's made in America, you can bet they skimped on this or that.

Reelax
04-14-2010, 10:24 PM
did u buy ur car new?

rocgalant
04-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Well, not brand spanking new. Had 16 miles on the odo

RedGalant2k1
04-15-2010, 08:10 AM
Lol wow that's ridiculous! Dammit why can't we get ourselves together in America (Normal, IL plant)? Doesn't matter if it's an American car or Foreign car. If it's made in America, you can bet they skimped on this or that.

There has been a Eclipse/Galant (and pretty much any other Mitsubishi) meet in Normal for the past decade (Back To Normal 1-10). And then there is Factory MOD in the Normal, IL factory too!

rocgalant
04-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Pretty sad stuff. Guess they're really getting rid of all their Galant parts. The fact that they're just slapping on any ol part to brand new cars (got mine last year. Had 16 miles on it) gives credence to the thought that Mitsu really is planning to end the Galant lineup in the very near future.

beam514
04-15-2010, 03:28 PM
There has been a Eclipse/Galant (and pretty much any other Mitsubishi) meet in Normal for the past decade (Back To Normal 1-10). And then there is Factory MOD in the Normal, IL factory too!

Dave, he's not referring to physically getting ourselves together. He's talking about the poor craftsmanship that the American factories put out, no matter what brand.

legant
04-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Do you know how many past owners there wwere/?

rocgalant
04-16-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm the first and only