PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Head Unit w/ IPOD RCA hookup.

Marty
04-16-2010, 10:21 AM
I hooked up the Pioneer DEH-1900MP and it works great and install was a breeze in this car. I ordered an IPOD RCA hookup and installed it as well. The red and white RCA cables only have one place to go. I grounded the black wire with the hookup and then used the remote lead to power the IPOD hookup (charges IPOD only when the key is turned forward, otherwise no charging therefore no draw on the battery when car is off).

My question is if that is the wire you use for power on your IPOD hookups? Reason I ask is because if the IPOD is on, it plays, even if it's not on the AUX src. So it will play with the radio/CD at the same time unless you turn the IPOD off. Also, the remote doesn't control the IPOD. I have almost the exact same stereo in my Honda Accord and the remote and stereo controls what is playing on the same IPOD with the same hookup.

Marty
04-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Well after doing some research, the RCA cable hookups are only outputs on the backside of that stereo so there is no control over the IPOD and that's also why I thought I noticed that the sound was different then when I had it hooked up to the aux input.

Oh well. Should have researched it more before buying. FML. At least it charges the IPOD.

Serstylz2
04-16-2010, 11:58 AM
same way my ipod cable works for my Pioneer

Corey2kG
04-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Or you could just get a head unit that has an auxilary port on the face. I have a jvc head unit that has an aux port and a usb on the face. $140 at best buy last summer.

4g63lover
04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Try and see if you can hook up an Ipod interface adapter on that headunit.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+Car+Deck+Interface+Adapter+for+Apple%26%23174%3B+ iPod%26%23153%3B/7761692.p?id=1142288271433&skuId=7761692&st=CD-IB100&cp=1&lp=1

Marty
04-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Or you could just get a head unit that has an auxilary port on the face. I have a jvc head unit that has an aux port and a usb on the face. $140 at best buy last summer.

It does have an AUX input in the front and I have been using a 3.5mm male to male jack to play my IPOD in the stereo. Problem is, the IPOD would always die. I have an IPOD hookup in my Honda Accord that charges, plays and uses the stereo to control the songs. I bought the same hookup for the galant and the reason it doesn't work is because the rear RCA cables are outputs only on this particular model. So currently I unplugged the RCA cables, but still have it plugged in to charge and then just use the 3.5mm jack. For now that works, but my goal was to be able to hook up my IPOD, toss it into my glove box locked up and then use my stereo remote to control it and every other feature on my stereo like I normally do.

Try and see if you can hook up an Ipod interface adapter on that headunit.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+Car+Deck+Interface+Adapter+for+Apple%26%23174%3B+ iPod%26%23153%3B/7761692.p?id=1142288271433&skuId=7761692&st=CD-IB100&cp=1&lp=1

Thanks, I am looking this up now.

Corey2kG
04-17-2010, 12:41 PM
It does have an AUX input in the front and I have been using a 3.5mm male to male jack to play my IPOD in the stereo. Problem is, the IPOD would always die. I have an IPOD hookup in my Honda Accord that charges, plays and uses the stereo to control the songs. I bought the same hookup for the galant and the reason it doesn't work is because the rear RCA cables are outputs only on this particular model. So currently I unplugged the RCA cables, but still have it plugged in to charge and then just use the 3.5mm jack. For now that works, but my goal was to be able to hook up my IPOD, toss it into my glove box locked up and then use my stereo remote to control it and every other feature on my stereo like I normally do.

Thanks, I am looking this up now.

oh i know what you talking about. my brother had one of those in his civic.

CIENFUEGO1
04-17-2010, 12:48 PM
nice dots dawg

Marty
04-17-2010, 02:11 PM
oh i know what you talking about. my brother had one of those in his civic.

I'll probably just swap the stereo out of my Accord which has inputs and outputs in the backside.

nice dots dawg

dots?

Corey2kG
04-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I'll probably just swap the stereo out of my Accord which has inputs and outputs in the backside.

dots?

that would make sense to me. couldnt you just buy the same hook ups that you have in your accord? and dots its an inside joke me n cienfuego have. hes refering to the red dots under my name.

Jeffylou87
04-17-2010, 05:21 PM
That's a sick F250 btw..

Corey2kG
04-17-2010, 05:26 PM
That's a sick F250 btw..

hell yeah... looking good.

Mike_ODell
04-17-2010, 06:07 PM
I bought the iPod cord with the ip bus connection and it only plays when on aux input. I have the older Pioneer avh p6500 headunit. It also charges the iPod too. Maybe look into that style connection instead of RCA.