PDA

View Full Version : Small leak at bottom of radiator

littlejuanito
04-16-2010, 07:38 PM
About a 4 months ago I started noticing a tiny pool of coolant under my car, apparently dripping from the bottom of the radiator and if facing the front of the car, it would be leaking from the lower mount closest to the passenger side. I didnt pay much attention to it as it was not very big and I had replaced the radiator last summer. Now the pool of coolant is much bigger. What could it be and what are the first steps I should take?

beam514
04-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Your radiator is probably cracked. Are you sure it's coming frmo the bottom? It could leak from the top and slowly make its way to the bottom. Check to make sure all your hoses are tight.

littlejuanito
04-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Your radiator is probably cracked. Are you sure it's coming frmo the bottom? It could leak from the top and slowly make its way to the bottom. Check to make sure all your hoses are tight.

Thank God it wasnt cracked. Turned out to be the metal fitting at the bottom that was loose. Tightned it up and no more leak.

beam514
04-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Good to hear. After I finished my 6G74 swap, I didn't tighten some of the hoses enough, so I was losing a lot of coolant and saw smoke coming from the hood. Luckily I discovered the hoses not too long after :) Top off your coolant and enjoy your G again :)

littlejuanito
04-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Good to hear. After I finished my 6G74 swap, I didn't tighten some of the hoses enough, so I was losing a lot of coolant and saw smoke coming from the hood. Luckily I discovered the hoses not too long after :) Top off your coolant and enjoy your G again :)

Thanks man. Definitively. And I almost went and bought a new radiator thinking it was that.