PDA

View Full Version : Inner tie rod socket. recall??

Galant Ryder
03-04-2003, 06:43 PM
i want to know if the inner tie rod socket is under recall because i went to get my inspection done and they said i failed because theres some play in the front driver side wheel. is that under recall or am i gonna have to come out my pockets again to fix this?? any idea how much for the piece and to put it in?

Reelax
03-04-2003, 07:03 PM
mine went bad too but i had it fixed at the dealership. i don't remember how much it cost or if it was still under warranty.

Tiptronic
03-04-2003, 07:31 PM
i've had to replace the one on the passenger side, and i also know guys who have said they think theirs is bad too. might be one of those problems at higher mileage. i had 65,000 when i had mine done. my guy has over 112,000

Auto-9
03-04-2003, 08:25 PM
What is this part we speak of...

manybrews
03-04-2003, 10:35 PM
the inner tie rods are not under any type of recall, and i doubt they ever will be.
although some are wearing out prematurely, its not extrodinarly bad (only affecting a car here and there).

And the inner tie rod is the inside joint that attaches your power steering rack to your steering knuckle. there is an inner and an outer joint.
outer joints have traditionally been the common wearing part on a mitsu, but these seem to be the opposite.

Khopari
03-04-2003, 10:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>What is this part we speak of...</div>

umm yea RaliFan,, wtf are they talking about,, wtf is "tie rod socket "