PDA

View Full Version : Aim my headlights?

rocgalant
04-18-2010, 02:32 PM
So I finally installed my HIDs. For such an easy job, it sure took a long time thanks to locking rings being a beotch. Anyway, I want to make sure I'm sending my new lights in the right direction but the owner's manual says I need to see an Authorized Mitsubishi Dealer to set the aim, which of course, I'm not going to do.

So can someone tell me which screw or nut I need to turn in order to change the vertical and horizontal positions for my headlights?

procksa49er
04-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Yeh if you look at the rear of the housing in the hoOd there are two ...one per side... 10mm bolts with white plastic gears around them that you can turn for vertical alignment... Haven't found horizontal. Will post a pic if you need it

Sent from my iPad :)

rocgalant
04-19-2010, 07:27 AM
Thanks. I was hoping it was those platic things on the housing but I didn't have time to check it out. I did it during the daytime right before work. I'll screw around with it tonight. Thanks again.

How you like you the Ipad?

procksa49er
04-19-2010, 02:07 PM
The only things it needs which OS4 should provide are multitasking and voip...lastly a camera for voip / inst MSG video chats/ calls
The camera hopefully will come with iPad v2

rocgalant
04-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Cool

rocgalant
04-19-2010, 09:12 PM
I just read the service manual. There is no horizontal adjustment for the 9g. How bout that

theplck87
03-02-2011, 04:54 PM
i have a stupid question to ask i tried to take off my headlights and couldn't do it i got the two screws(on top and the front) am i missing another one?

Sleepervr-4
03-02-2011, 08:53 PM
To aim your headlights measure from the floor to the center of your headlight bulb. Mark the same measurement on a wall with duck tape of some other sort of tape and back up 25 feet. Now aim the headlights to the mark on the wall. Fyi make sure the ground is level.

tr1kst4nce
03-02-2011, 10:55 PM
There are no adjustment knobs for the horizontal. Once the headlight housing is installed, it's pretty much aimed on that axis. On the center of your headlight you'll see a little tiny notch or indentation. That's the center of your headlight. Measure that height, go onto a wall and measure 2 inches below the height of the center of the headlight. Then take a piece of tape or chalk or whatever and draw a vertical line. When you back up 25 feet make sure the middle of your hood lines up with that line and the beams of the headlights on the wall are even with that center. If it's not... your car is not perpendicular to the wall. Once you're all straight and 25 feet back, the cut off of your headlights should be 2 inches lower than the height of the middle of your headlight housing, not the same height.

Make sure you take into consideration if you've lowered your ride or if there's a bunch of stuff in the trunk or car that would have an effect on it.

That's how you do it if you wanna do it all the way correctly... but for the most part you can eye ball it and you're fine. If people aren't flashing you then don't worry about it. Choice is yours.