PDA

View Full Version : EXTREME Overheating!!!!

Waka Flocka Eric
04-18-2010, 11:56 PM
man the needle jumps up to red within mins.....no smoke coming from the hood either so that's good.

i just replaced the intake with the outlander one....i'm going to check for leaks and check the fan and also the pipe going from the water pump...but is there any way to test the thermastat or water pump?

also thinking about draining my radiator and changing the cap.

Reelax
04-19-2010, 01:33 AM
r u sure your gauge is not broken?

LatinoX20
04-19-2010, 09:39 AM
u can feel how hot the hose after the thermostat is, and if its cold after the cars been running it must mean the thermostat is not opening thus its bad...

Waka Flocka Eric
04-19-2010, 12:18 PM
good stuff i'll check that right away

bronxbombr
04-19-2010, 01:37 PM
And if its not the thermo, housing, hoses, or water pump. Check the water pipe that goes to the back of the engine block. They are notorious for leaking, and you would miss it if you didnt know better.

Waka Flocka Eric
04-19-2010, 05:09 PM
no leaks but my fan doesnt work when it jumps up towards red......which fuse is it...because it might be missing completely.....btw the thermo tube was warmish hotish so i think it works.

focused on the fan now

Waka Flocka Eric
04-19-2010, 10:01 PM
fan still not working but the problem was not enough coolant...top it off now it runs fine thks everone

GalantEVOII
04-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Well I had no problems after replacing my headgasket and stuff, but just two days ago, I topped off my coolant with water knowing the water will evaporate but I bought more coolant that same day and completely flushed the cooling system. Just today I see steam coming from my defrost vent on the passenger side of my windshield. Did I skp a step? We did have rain recently and thats when the problem started. I hear that the drains under the blower between the firewall and the rear bulkhead are blocked. Just don't really know how to get to it.....