PDA

View Full Version : F4A42_Auto Tranny

Lethalwx69
04-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Does anyone know how to changing the internal tranny filter

SPD_FRK
04-20-2010, 12:34 AM
What internal filter are you referring too? There is only the one screw on filter that is on top of the transmission that I am aware of...at least from when I tore mine down completely that as the only one I ever found

02redgalant
04-20-2010, 12:47 AM
there's no servicible internal filter...earlier years i think it was 99 00 01 had screw on filters

Lethalwx69
04-20-2010, 01:27 AM
my galant doesn't have a screw off filter only and internal one

showtime
04-20-2010, 01:29 AM
what year and model do you have?

02redgalant
04-20-2010, 01:35 AM
my galant doesn't have a screw off filter only and internal one

well then drain and fill transmission fluid is about the only maint you can do

beam514
04-20-2010, 01:43 AM
so swapping in a completely different motor, from a completely different manufacturer, using a completely different engine management system is easy, but you can't answer this question for yourself? I don't get it man.. I just don't get it.

Your only options are to drain and fill your fluids, or if your transmission is shot, get another one. Obviously you can get yours rebuilt, but for the price, I think a used one will do for now, especially if you are not intending on doing anything extreme with this engine.

Lethalwx69
04-20-2010, 01:46 AM
2000 mits galant

Lethalwx69
04-20-2010, 01:53 AM
so swapping in a completely different motor, from a completely different manufacturer, using a completely different engine management system is easy, but you can't answer this question for yourself? I don't get it man.. I just don't get it.

Your only options are to drain and fill your fluids, or if your transmission is shot, get another one. Obviously you can get yours rebuilt, but for the price, I think a used one will do for now, especially if you are not intending on doing anything extreme with this engine.

im really gettin sick of yo ass tonight i haven't even begun a engine swap yet i saw a recked gxp figure maybe sense they were going to crush it mayba i could use it alright, just needed advice about the wiring now i know how to hook it up!! And im not even 100% sure im going to do it maybe a 6g74 will be easier and less headache.

03-Galant-ES
04-20-2010, 01:58 AM
now i know how to hook it up

and since your uncle owns a machine shop all that work is easy why don't you just do the swap already. It sounds like the swap would be easier for you to do then to figure out what to do with the transmission you have now.

Lethalwx69
04-20-2010, 02:12 AM
My tranny filter has been changed since we bought it in 2000

03-Galant-ES
04-20-2010, 02:13 AM
My tranny filter has been changed since we bought it in 2000

Then figure it out. You're a mechanical engineer.

Lethalwx69
04-20-2010, 02:23 AM
stop respondin to my shyt if u aint got nothin informative to say

Lethalwx69
04-20-2010, 02:25 AM
I would have to take this shyt apart just to change a filter BS

WhiteGalant
04-20-2010, 02:28 AM
Bwahahahaha. Your sir! are. a. Jackass!

Lethalwx69
04-20-2010, 02:56 AM
WhiteGalant by any change do u live in Cali so i can dust yo 5spd lemon. Just intake and coilover mod this 7.0l ls7 will leave you on half throttle

WhiteGalant
04-20-2010, 03:09 AM
Im not too big of a fan of straight line speed, twists and turns really shows a drivers skills. If your driving skills are anything like your spelling, I doubt you could keep up. :)

Have a nice day!

beam514
04-20-2010, 03:12 AM
okay on a serious note, since the other thread is locked lol, and just so everyone is aware:

You have a good amount of options if you want some power in the 8G. Since you have the I4, here's a very brief overview of what you can do (since I don't know a lot about the I4):
Evo head swap
Use 4G63 turbos... I think? I believe I4 people are using 2G Eclipse turbo manifolds... but don't quote me on that. In fact I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
Full Evo Motor swap
DOHC head swap (kia or Hyundai)

As far as known drivetrain upgrades:
Evo transmission swap, customized for FWD (look at member "Stewi"
Full AWD swap. Look up "bluebomber" on Club3g.com
3G Eclipse 5 Speed Manual swap

Just so you know, 500 HP is A LOT of HP for this platform. A past member made about 530 HP on his 6G72 V6 and he could barely even get his tires to stick to the road. BUT this just shows that with this car, 500 HP is achievable. If you look at some of the Evo forums, you'll also see that 500 HP is achievable. If you were to do a full Evo motor swap, it shouldn't be too hard for you to source parts in order to hit that HP goal, and it would still be a damn unique car.

And I'm going to try to say this as nicely as I can:
People would like you to write with proper grammar because it makes what you are saying easier to read. i.e. we can better understand the situation and what your thoughts are. It doesn't take that much longer to type full sentences and correct spelling. As long as you always do it, you'll get better at it, and you'll type equally as fast some day. If you want people to help you, you have to make it easy to help you - and that can be solved by typing in coherent sentences.

On a final note: If you REALLY have the budget and the motivation, then don't let people like me stop you. Just know that it is going to be a completely custom job, and we probably won't be able to help you much. As far as engine management and stuff, you're likely going to have to swap in the full ECU and all other engine/transmission management systems from the Pontiac. You should be able to find a way to just wire your radio and interior electronics so that they still turn on with the key and are completely separate from the ECU (I'm really bad with electronics, so that might even be the case as is). I would expect to completely gut the car and start from there. Use the Pontiac speedo and somehow retrofit that into the interior of the Galant.

And that is really all the advice I can give. If you have the will, then there's a way.
Good Luck. I hope you read this when you come back and take it into consideration

Lethalwx68
04-20-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm back

Lethalwx68
04-20-2010, 03:17 AM
I understand what you're saying, I didn't know people cared so much.

beam514
04-20-2010, 03:31 AM
Dude, are you just asking to get permanently kicked out of here?

According to the rules here (and on most forums):

Multiple screen names is strictly forbidden. Any member found to be posting under two screen names will be banned for a minimum of 7 days and the additional accounts will be removed. Any repeat offense of this rule will result in a permanent ban of the member.

The rules can be found here: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/faq.php?faq=tgc#faq_formrules

Lethalwx68
04-20-2010, 03:32 AM
Im not too big of a fan of straight line speed, twists and turns really shows a drivers skills. If your driving skills are anything like your spelling, I doubt you could keep up. :)

Have a nice day!

lol Not only will I keep up I'll be in that red car in front of you. :l

Lethalwx68
04-20-2010, 03:35 AM
Ban me then I'll be back in 5mins

beam514
04-20-2010, 03:36 AM

and then you'll be gone forever. If you ever want to come back, I highly suggest that you stop right now. I'm not trying to be mean.. I'm being serious

Lethalwx68
04-20-2010, 03:44 AM
O really, what have I done, called someone out of their name who called me out of mine.

Galant Evolution
04-20-2010, 06:55 AM
:icon_rolleyes:

03-Galant-ES
04-20-2010, 10:18 AM
okay on a serious note, since the other thread is locked lol, and just so everyone is aware:

You have a good amount of options if you want some power in the 8G. Since you have the I4, here's a very brief overview of what you can do (since I don't know a lot about the I4):
Evo head swap
Use 4G63 turbos... I think? I believe I4 people are using 2G Eclipse turbo manifolds... but don't quote me on that. In fact I'm pretty sure that's wrong.
Full Evo Motor swap
DOHC head swap (kia or Hyundai)

As far as known drivetrain upgrades:
Evo transmission swap, customized for FWD (look at member "Stewi"
Full AWD swap. Look up "bluebomber" on Club3g.com
3G Eclipse 5 Speed Manual swap

Just so you know, 500 HP is A LOT of HP for this platform. A past member made about 530 HP on his 6G72 V6 and he could barely even get his tires to stick to the road. BUT this just shows that with this car, 500 HP is achievable. If you look at some of the Evo forums, you'll also see that 500 HP is achievable. If you were to do a full Evo motor swap, it shouldn't be too hard for you to source parts in order to hit that HP goal, and it would still be a damn unique car.

There is also slava who has 509 last I heard with kia head dohc 4g64. And Stewi is probably putting down over 500 just gotta wait for him to tune and dyno :)

There are more things you can do with the i4, I know you're a v6 guy, but you can do 2.6L stroker with evo head and 4g64 block. A lot of evo guys are upgrading to the 64 block and using their evo head. I have seen one evo do the 2.6 stroker and he hit over 700 hp

WhiteGalant
04-20-2010, 11:17 AM
He threatened me in a pm lololol

RedGalant2k1
04-20-2010, 07:27 PM

no, you won't be back in 5 minutes.

lethalwx67
04-20-2010, 09:26 PM
no, you won't be back in 5 minutes.

Im back, my question is why do u keep banning me this will be the third time and i am getting sick of it. Im getting banned just cause you feel my grammar is improper WTF. Im going incognito, my next account is going to blend in and you won't know where I am.

What an unfair forum

beam514
04-20-2010, 09:32 PM
have you ever heard of an IP ban?

lethalwx67
04-20-2010, 09:34 PM
YES he did ban my ip, but you think an ip ban can stop me u got another thing coming.

beam514
04-20-2010, 09:37 PM
And do you really think that you've set a good enough image of yourself that ANYONE in this community will want you to be here? If you want to be part of this community, you have to follow by the rules that are within the community. You can't just go barging in doing whatever you want and not showing respect for the culture of the community, as well as the living members and moderators. You won't be welcome. This refers to both internet forums and real life communities.

lethalwx67
04-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Anyway that ls4 thing is not going to happen. lol The ecu and tranny pcm were damaged from the GXP i was going to borrow.

lethalwx67
04-20-2010, 09:44 PM
You won't be welcome. This refers to both internet forums and real life communities.

Lol I have no problem in a real community, I live in a real community. I respect anyone who respects me, If you talk shit bout me i'll talk shit about you, simple as that.

G-spot
04-20-2010, 11:49 PM
You know, even though you found a loop hole beyond an IP ban anyone with intermediate computer skills can located your IP origin and keep track of new members coming in that came within your area. We have some smart people in this forum that happens to be moderators.

Corey2kG
04-21-2010, 12:11 AM
what a dick. lol lethal that is lol someone needs to grow up lol

RedGalant2k1
04-21-2010, 07:36 PM
You know, even though you found a loop hole beyond an IP ban anyone with intermediate computer skills can located your IP origin and keep track of new members coming in that came within your area. We have some smart people in this forum that happens to be moderators.

And that we know people who can find out just about anything about someone, especially some numbskull able to be traced by IP's.

Lol I have no problem in a real community, I live in a real community. I respect anyone who respects me, If you talk shit bout me i'll talk shit about you, simple as that.

We can easily find out who you are in real life, so I'd suggest you desist before you get embarrassed.

00GalantX
04-23-2010, 12:38 AM
RedGalant2k1 what kind of body-kit is that?