PDA

View Full Version : 5Zigen Fireball owners.....

2002es
08-21-2002, 01:36 AM
I just had my Fireball muffler installed yesterday evening at my local muffler shop and didn't have a chance to fully test it out on the freeway. This morning I decided to take a trip to the cheapest gas station about 5 miles from my home.

For all you fireball owners:
Is it me or did you guys experienced a slight lost in power on the freeway, especially around 65-80mph? I followed the some of the previous posts pretty close as to what size inlet (2.25)and some of the pictures posted from underneath the car but seemed to lose that " Sucked into the seat" feeling when hitting the gas above 65mph. So far what I got under the hood is the TB mod, K&N drop in filter, and Bosch platinum 2's. Since that's all I got under the hood now, I'm not expecting a whole lot but shouldn't I feel a "slight" difference performance wise? Am I doing something wrong, back pressure, or does it need something else to compliment it ( CAI, header, etc... )? All it seemed to do was make my baby look and sound good but lose my top end power.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated
Jimmy
2002 ES I4

2002es
08-21-2002, 11:22 PM
Anybody?

Danger DANJ
08-22-2002, 12:58 PM
I didn't feel any loss in power when I put my 5Zigen Fireball muffler on. Did you get the 125mm version or the 150mm version? I ask because the 150mm version is meant for cars with turbo only, and that would cause you to lose power.

If you did get the 125mm version, I would say to get yourself a CAI. When I installed my muffler, I already had a short ram intake on and upgraded to an AEM CAI. But, you really shouldn't be feeling any power loss.

NRG
08-22-2002, 03:06 PM
David, while on this topic is there anyway you can record the sound of your muffler for me? Also, do you know the item number for it if I was getting the 2.25" one?

After my header change, my muffler is sounding terrible. I was thinking a change in muffler may fix this problem. I want something a little deeper and a tad bit louder than my Brospeed Prosport.

Thanks man!!

Danger DANJ
08-22-2002, 09:03 PM
David, while on this topic is there anyway you can record the sound of your muffler for me? Also, do you know the item number for it if I was getting the 2.25" one?

After my header change, my muffler is sounding terrible. I was thinking a change in muffler may fix this problem. I want something a little deeper and a tad bit louder than my Brospeed Prosport.

Thanks man!!

I don't have anything that I can think of to record the sound. I'll see if I can get something, but I don't think so. The sound of it, on my V6, is a very deep and mellow sound. It isn't very loud. I personally love the sound of it. I'm sure it would be louder with your headers though, especially if you removed any of the resonators.

I'm not sure about the item number, but the 125mm/150mm refers to the size of the tip. The inlet of both mufflers is 2.5", there are none with a 2.25" inlet. Any place I've seen them, lists them as the 125mm or the 150mm.

NRG
08-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Darn!! That rulez out that idea.......I am running a 2.25 exhaust piping........Oh well.........too bad for me!!

TJC
08-23-2002, 01:01 AM
Going from 2.25" stock piping size to 2.5" piping is definitely going to SLOW the exhaust flow and possibly affect your performance. And as far as feeling the performance gains, just remember that changing out a muffler might only yield +1-4 HP gains if that. Your mileage may differ.

2002es
08-23-2002, 02:03 AM
I didn't feel any loss in power when I put my 5Zigen Fireball muffler on. Did you get the 125mm version or the 150mm version? I ask because the 150mm version is meant for cars with turbo only, and that would cause you to lose power.

If you did get the 125mm version, I would say to get yourself a CAI. When I installed my muffler, I already had a short ram intake on and upgraded to an AEM CAI. But, you really shouldn't be feeling any power loss.

I got the 125mm version, I'm not exactly sure if I'm really losing power but the feeling of being pushed back into the seat when pushed hard on the gas is not there. I mean the time from 60mph tp 80mph seemed to be the same if not a tad bit better. Also, I 've noticed that it gets better the more I drive it, sorta like a break in period or for the computer to adjust to the new settings. I'm just going wait a few more days and see what happens. Appreciate it David

Jimmy

Danger DANJ
08-25-2002, 06:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>Darn!! That rulez out that idea.......I am running a 2.25 exhaust piping........Oh well.........too bad for me!!</div>

So what? I'm running the stock piping and I simply have an adapter where the muffler is, so the stock piping goes up to 2.5". There is no reason why you can't do the same.