PDA

View Full Version : making custom gauge bezel?

Sowndwayv
03-05-2003, 02:47 AM
u think it would be extremley hard to fabricate something that would look along the lines of those nice lookin gauges over at acautotechnic?

http://acautotechnic.com/images/ac%20el%20gauge/gauge2.jpg

i was thikning perhaps buying an aluminum bezel..since they are sorta cheap..and building on top of that? looks like i would need a drill to make the extra holes, some extra metal and somehow shape it into what i was lookin for, and maybe some rivets to secure things down and to add a certain design to it. i think the one pictured there has a glass housing around the gauges, that might look better, but maybe not necessary. is there even enough space behind the clear cover of the gauges to fit something like this?

just some ideas i thot i would share with you guys, and get some feedback on.

Ghost Beat
03-05-2003, 03:25 AM
good luck looks hard as hell... i tried to get these and the s7 guage's made e-mailed some people but never realy got a reply was gona try with norcal sometime to see if they can do anything about it.

balln8g
03-05-2003, 11:06 AM
Yo, if I could get a template for the bezel, I could have my dad fabricate something. That could then be powdercoated (which he also does) or chrome plated, or whatever you'd like to do with it.

Sowndwayv
03-05-2003, 02:25 PM
what kinda materiald does he use to fabricate things liek that? like what sorta metal or plastic?

balln8g
03-05-2003, 02:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>what kinda materiald does he use to fabricate things liek that? like what sorta metal or plastic?</div>

any and all types of metals....aluminum is real easy to work with if thats the look you are trying to achieve. You can even get it polished, looks really nice when done.