PDA

View Full Version : vr4 look front bomper ?'s

secto01
04-26-2010, 02:01 PM
for the vr4 look front bumper from extreme dimensions- i ordered it, i have 00 galant and wanted to know if it fit on good or u had to mod the bumper like around the lites ect.. well get back when you can and thanks..

LatinoX20
04-26-2010, 02:12 PM
your going to need the JDM headlights to get rid of the gaps

secto01
04-26-2010, 02:17 PM
for the mean while b4 i get the jdm headlights will it fit around the fenders? or its just going to have that gap in the front? also where i work we have this thick black window stripping that sticks on both sides can i use that to fill the gap until i get the jdm's?

secto01
04-27-2010, 02:04 PM
or thats not possable?

Jeffylou87
04-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Its only a gap sound the headlights from what I've heard..

Bloody Arro
04-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Also for those who are wondering...
you can run Usdm headlights/usdm grill on a JDM bumper expect it to look like this

YOU WILL HAVE GAPS ON THE HEADLIGHTS MORE SO NEAR THE TURN SIGNALS..as for under the grill not really on the new style..

Old Style
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q181/cooliojrm/29081780005_large.jpg
New Style
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q181/cooliojrm/2010/DSCN5430.jpg

Here ya go.

secto01
04-27-2010, 10:15 PM
ok thanks i thought i was gonna have a hard time but do i still have to cut that inner bumper?

Isaurio
05-02-2010, 10:36 AM
First of all. You need to cut the sides of the crash bar or take it off completely "not recommended" also need JDM lights for the 3 inch gap that the US lights leaves. The down side, all after market bumpers is made of fiberglass. The shipment will mess\break the conner up.

AmericanJambo
05-02-2010, 12:17 PM
First of all. You need to cut the sides of the crash bar or take it off completely "not recommended" also need JDM lights for the 3 inch gap that the US lights leaves. The down side, all after market bumpers is made of fiberglass. The shipment will mess\break the conner up.

Not all the VR4 look bumpers are made of fiberglass. Extreme Dimensions makes a duraflex one. Also if you want to keep your USDM hedalights and you do get a fiberglass one you can just add some fiberglass and body filler to it to fille the gap. The gap is pretty small that it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Bloody Arro
05-02-2010, 01:22 PM

I have a plastic JDM bumper..

Isaurio
05-02-2010, 07:55 PM
I got one from Extreme Dimensions, Yes is fiberglass mix with plastic, more fiberglass than anything. Dont get me wrong fiberglass bumper looks better than the plastic ones. But i live in the bronx NY, and here they dont care about your bumper. Fiberglass here will crack easy.

secto01
05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
thanks guys yea thats the only bumber that looks good with the rest of the car without adding side skirts or rear bumper

AmericanJambo
05-04-2010, 09:37 AM
I have a VIS VR-4 front bumper that will be arriving tomorrow. I still think you should add the side skirts and rear bumper with extensions. I've got the newr sytle side skirts and rear bumper with extensions from cali and they look great.

Galantman03
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM
^ can we get some pictures of it?

AmericanJambo
05-05-2010, 08:35 AM
^ can we get some pictures of it?

Absolutely. I'll post up pics tonight.

secto01
05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
ill be getting mine friday i hope ill post pics

AmericanJambo
05-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Well I got my "VR-4" bumper from VIS today and guess what? Their VR-4 bumper is actually a VR-M bumper. The picture they show on their website is a VR-4 and they stated that it's exactly like in the picture but I get it and try to fit it up and yep, you have to remove the crash bar and cut into the unibody to get it to fit.

It was supposed to be this bumper:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/ygoslo/100_1633R.jpg

But it's actually this bumper:
http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/galant-98-s001(b)-fb.jpg

Galantman03
05-05-2010, 08:21 PM
FRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! LOL Now what? Thats fricken lame..... Um, you sending it back? I mean people need to get there s**t right on web pages, i had that same issue a while back... that sucks... i wonder if vis sells the right one... or maybe i'll just have to go with the dolphin bumper... frick lol

AmericanJambo
05-05-2010, 08:57 PM
FRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! LOL Now what? Thats fricken lame..... Um, you sending it back? I mean people need to get there s**t right on web pages, i had that same issue a while back... that sucks... i wonder if vis sells the right one... or maybe i'll just have to go with the dolphin bumper... frick lol

I bought the bumper through Joe at JM Auto Racing. He's been great and he's going to help me get it straightened out. I doubt they actually sell the regular VR-4 bumper. I'm pretty sure they sell the Super VR-4 bumper though. I think I'm going to have them swap out this bumper for the Super VR-4 bumper since there's no Super VR-M bumper. We'll have to see. The really effed up part is that Joe called them and verified with them that the bumper they show on the website is the exact bumper that the sell before I ordered it. Which obviously it isn't so I damn well expect them to eat all the shipping costs getting this sorted out. I'm getting really sick of unreputable manufacturers. I've already been dealing some BS from a manufacturer who sells on this board who won't stand behind his product. He won't even respond to my emails save to say "too bad". I won't name names though.

Galantman03
05-06-2010, 12:32 PM
^vis racing though? I was going to buy it from them but... I mean they have a pic lol, of a 99 to 03 galant, but the years they say it fits is 98-01 i think... I contacted them, and they don't know anything, i asked them to take a picture of the actual bumper that they would ship out if someone bought it, but i never got a response from them... i wonder if any other company sells the correct old style bumper. what do you mean the super vr-4 bumper, like it has the super lips already molded to the bumper?

Galantman03
05-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I got one from Extreme Dimensions, Yes is fiberglass mix with plastic, more fiberglass than anything. Dont get me wrong fiberglass bumper looks better than the plastic ones. But i live in the bronx NY, and here they dont care about your bumper. Fiberglass here will crack easy.

is it the old style bumper? I mean did it match the picture that they show?

AmericanJambo
05-06-2010, 02:02 PM
^vis racing though? I was going to buy it from them but... I mean they have a pic lol, of a 99 to 03 galant, but the years they say it fits is 98-01 i think... I contacted them, and they don't know anything, i asked them to take a picture of the actual bumper that they would ship out if someone bought it, but i never got a response from them... i wonder if any other company sells the correct old style bumper. what do you mean the super vr-4 bumper, like it has the super lips already molded to the bumper?

Yeah, the super VR-4 bumper with the add ons already attached. They show a pic of it on their website. Of course now we know how accurate their website pics are. Joe from JM is checking on it for me.

Galantman03
05-06-2010, 02:21 PM
lol very true

secto01
05-08-2010, 02:37 PM
i posted a new thread got sum pics