PDA

View Full Version : just dropped my G... help!!!

Corey2kG
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
So here it is I dropped my G and I got vibration on acceleration is that normal? What could it be?

OMEGA PHX
04-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Yep I've heard it before, but dont know anything more. Sorry I can't help. I just know it normal when you lower it.

6g72lover
04-27-2010, 11:58 PM
i have this problem
look this article , have the solution

http://www.galanttuners.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=570

WhiteGalant
04-27-2010, 11:59 PM
You have a v6. Use the search function, it has been discussed numerous times. You should have no problem finding your answer.

6g72lover
04-28-2010, 12:01 AM
I also Need help with this problem

qnz
04-28-2010, 12:01 AM
V6's do report a problem with vibration after lowering. You might want to confirm you are having the same problem and not something else. Spd_frk posted a fix for the vibrations a few months ago

Corey2kG
04-28-2010, 12:07 AM
We'll both inner boots are ripped could that be it?

6g72lover
04-28-2010, 12:09 AM
We'll both inner boots are ripped could that be it?
yeah
if my car does the same with the boots them out of position

Corey2kG
04-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Oh and my control arm bushings are shot. I can't seem to find the fix from spdfrk

OMEGA PHX
04-28-2010, 12:54 AM
i have this problem
look this article , have the solution

http://www.galanttuners.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=570

Oh and my control arm bushings are shot. I can't seem to find the fix from spdfrk

The thread has already been posted here, or do you mean you don't know how to do it?

RAZ_76
04-28-2010, 12:55 AM
You should have fix your axles and ball joints before dropping. You always take care of maintenance first and then do custom work. Are they not teaching you anything at that school??

The axles could cause the vibration if they are bad. You can't buy the ball joints individually, you have to buy complete with lower control arm, that will run you about $150 for both sides with ball joints and bushings included from rockauto.com. Get the axles new also, don't fix those and stop cutting corners dude. You will never be a good technician if you cut corners like this. Keep up with the maintenance of your ride.

Corey2kG
04-28-2010, 01:00 AM
My ball joints are fine so I didn't think anything of it and the ripped boots were a result of lowering it I think could be wrong. Qnz said spdfrk posted a fix for that prob but I can't find it. So if I fix the axles it should be fine? And the prob with my axles is that they are fused to the hub so I gotta get two new hubs as well.

Corey2kG
04-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Nevermind I found it.

RAZ_76
04-28-2010, 01:21 AM
My ball joints are fine so I didn't think anything of it and the ripped boots were a result of lowering it I think could be wrong. Qnz said spdfrk posted a fix for that prob but I can't find it. So if I fix the axles it should be fine? And the prob with my axles is that they are fused to the hub so I gotta get two new hubs as well.

Well you should fix your axles regardless but that should fix most of your problem. Sounds like this car has been neglected. What makes you think that the axles are fused to your hubs??

Corey2kG
04-28-2010, 01:24 AM
I tried to take one side out a few months ago I forget for what but the axle wouldn't budge from the hub. Yeah the car was in bad shape when I bought it. When I got laid off I've only really been able to keep up with regular maintainence.

RAZ_76
04-28-2010, 08:21 AM
I tried to take one side out a few months ago I forget for what but the axle wouldn't budge from the hub. Yeah the car was in bad shape when I bought it. When I got laid off I've only really been able to keep up with regular maintainence.

Ever heard of a 3lb hammer??? They are not fused but they will not just slide out dude, put some muscle in to it. f only everything was so easy.

Corey2kG
04-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Ever heard of a 3lb hammer??? They are not fused but they will not just slide out dude, put some muscle in to it. f only everything was so easy.

Of course I even used I think it was about 10 lbs hammer all it did was mushroom the tip. If there's a better way that you know of raz let me know. Because that would save me more money by not having to buy new hubs.

RAZ_76
04-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Of course I even used I think it was about 10 lbs hammer all it did was mushroom the tip. If there's a better way that you know of raz let me know. Because that would save me more money by not having to buy new hubs.

Did you pull it out of the transmission?? Did you spray any WD40 and let it sit for a minute??

Corey2kG
04-28-2010, 10:33 AM
Both sides came out from the inside no prob. Its just the side the hubs are on I used wd40 pb blast break away and nothing. I was thinking about using a compressor but I think it the would destroy the hub. So I'm at a loss with that. I found the vibration fix from spd frk and it says to put a certain type of washer on the axle right behind the hub so if I could get the axle out I could try it.