PDA

View Full Version : Vibration and loud noises up front!

keith6110
04-28-2010, 11:10 AM
I have an idea about what the fix is, but I figured I would post here anyway. My car sounds like a helicopter going down the road. It's ridiculous. The problem started yesterday as the car was vibrating a littler going around a right hand turn. After driving it a little after that it now makes that same noise going straight (just on the driver side up front). I have replaced all wheel bearings awhile back but maybe its due again?

Here's what the car does. When going around a right hand turn, the vibration and noise is terribly loud. When driving straight, the car still makes a noise and shakes but not like going around a right hand turn. When i brake, the noise stops a little. When I accelerate, the noise completely stops until I let off the gas. Any idea's guys?

I checked my front caliper, it seems to be on tight. I have yet to jack up the car to troubleshoot more.

The only things I can think of is:
-Wheel bearings gone
-Axle bearings need to be replaced as I noticed my axle boot is ripped
-Something in the transmission? (155k on tranny)

Any suggestions I'll check out and hopefully I'll be able to fix whatever the problem is tonight. Thanks guys

keith6110
04-28-2010, 06:15 PM
I've got it figured out. Dam cheap advanced auto wheel bearings. I can't believe I used to buy parts from these guys. I hate their quality lately.

harper57
04-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Yeah I was gonna say the Cv axles but yeah autozone Is so much better I gotta engine mount from advanced and I replaced it 7 months ago and I needa replace it already again

keith6110
04-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah I was gonna say the Cv axles but yeah autozone Is so much better I gotta engine mount from advanced and I replaced it 7 months ago and I needa replace it already again

That sucks. You should do poly mounts. You won't be replacing those for awhile. Lol