PDA

View Full Version : EGR Valve

03 GTZ
04-29-2010, 01:30 PM
I have about had it with it....i think its fixed an the light pops up, what is the proper way to clean a EGR Valve? Cause this is getting on my nerves...an when i first start my car in the morning's it makes a bad noise like exhaust hitting maybe a clogged cat, idk

Anyone in the Louisiana area to come help me fix a few things? Cause there is only one galant owner in Shreveport other than i that actually care about it an he is a ass

Thanks,
Whit

Rach3T8G
04-29-2010, 11:57 PM
not sure if the EGR valve is the same between the I4 & V6 but if so when you take it apart clean out all the holes...Could have a build up of carbon and make sure the valve moves freely if it doesn't then i suggest getting a new EGR valve...Currently having the same problem

03 GTZ
04-30-2010, 07:59 AM
well i took it off an cleaned it...now just gotta wait to see if it throws the code again....you wouldn't believe me if i told you how much carbon was in there 0_o

Rach3T8G
05-02-2010, 11:49 PM
mine was so bad even after sand blasting the holes & using solvent it wouldnt work which is why i got a new one...gonna install it 2day