PDA

View Full Version : raplaced balanceshaft belt

googlers
05-04-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi, I recently purchased a 2000 galant and drove it for about 45 miles to my house not knowig that the balance shaft belt was broken. I replace the belt and set the timing but i still had engine vibration going on so i took the belt off again and reset it, I tryed about 4 times but i still get vibration. I drove it around like that a couple of days but i still get vibration when its at ible and in gear. when its running it accelerates and shifts good. I also keep getting a p0300 cylinder missfire code. anybody got any ideas what the problem could be, im about to take the belt off again and check thanks.

djhah
05-04-2010, 02:26 PM
sounds like what i went though with my festiva i ended up selling it i got way to frustated wih it i dont know if it ever got fixed

OMEGA PHX
05-04-2010, 06:54 PM
The first time me and my dad did the timing belt with the balanceshaft belt my car vibrated and ran horribly, the car didn't had the power it was supposed, turned out to be that the weight of the balanceshaft was at the top and was supposed to be at the bottom so when I took my balanceshaft belt out the weight fell to the bottom and reinstalled everything and it worked out like always. Lol don't know if that makes sense but the english is my second language.

googlers
05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I have tryed to reset the timing belt and balance shaft belt but no results. i also installed net cam sensor, plugs wires and coils but still missfiring. anybody have any ideas?

silversurfer
10-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Mas air flow sensor ?

Rob21
10-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Injectors?

mko
10-12-2010, 11:10 AM
the silent balance shaft that is driven by belt can be st on the mark. The one that is on the oil pump, eventho it could be aligned with the mark it could be off phase. Theres a bolt that you remove, stick a screwdriver in it and if it goes in a little bit then the balance shaft is off, you have to turn it until the screwdriver goes in all the way