PDA

View Full Version : has anyone megasquirted an 8g?

reiketsutsukigami
05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
hey im about to install this on my 8g turbo galant was wondering if anyone has tried this already? If so any input would be appreiciated thnx.

Cali
05-05-2010, 02:07 PM
there are so many other better options available....

reiketsutsukigami
05-05-2010, 03:17 PM
I know i wanted to just go with the evo ecu but the only cables we have for tuning are kwp 2000 and the serial cables for megasquirt and we already had another megasquirt. Unless you know of a way to get the files for the kwp cause i dont have any.

Isaurio
05-05-2010, 05:28 PM
hey im about to install this on my 8g turbo galant was wondering if anyone has tried this already? If so any input would be appreiciated thnx.

Quick question. How much PSI are you running with the Auto Trans? Is the Trans stock or you replaced any parts?

Galanttuner10
05-05-2010, 06:19 PM
i hate megasquirt.. my buddy had it in his built merkur but it never ran righ and ultimately led to him selling a 500hp car for next to nothing as it wasnt running

ESR2005
09-03-2010, 07:00 PM
im running on megasquirt no problems easy setup and a major plus if your doing a wire tuck considering its like 15 wires lol my car runs perfect only problem is finding someone to tune it on the east coast not many shops do

johnygezony
09-03-2010, 08:07 PM
i hate megasquirt.. my buddy had it in his built merkur but it never ran righ and ultimately led to him selling a 500hp car for next to nothing as it wasnt running

XR4-TI ftw !

Galantman03
09-03-2010, 09:09 PM
im running on megasquirt no problems easy setup and a major plus if your doing a wire tuck considering its like 15 wires lol my car runs perfect only problem is finding someone to tune it on the east coast not many shops do

holy hell, please explain why its alot less that oem wires...

reiketsutsukigami
09-03-2010, 09:37 PM
i think he has a lesser one mine has like 40-60 wires. and our megasquirt wasnt that great either i dont reccomend it i ended up going with the evo 8 ecu and an open port cable and isuario im running about 16-20 psi with stock trans and it isnt giving me any problem shifts hard and fast and at perfect time im still gonna manual swap it sooner or later but its running great on any amount of boost i throw at it dunno if i got a good one or what but its holdin up.