PDA

View Full Version : P0303 - after new radio install?

v0mitr0n
05-05-2010, 04:37 PM
I recently upgraded the stock radio in my 2001 Galant ES v6 to a Pioneer. I bought the wireharness and was very careful crimping and connecting. Grounded properly connected everything and it works fine.

Before all this though, I first disconnected the neg. bat terminal. After I did this, I heard some funky clicking noise, but didn't really think twice about it. I did the radio install, reconnected the battery terminal, then powered on the car. It turned over then died several times. Would not stay on unless I had my foot on the gas. After I panicked .. I waited a few minutes then tried again. Car powers on fine, then idles perfectly. No SES light .. All good for about a week.

Today the SES light came on. I went to AZ and the code is P0303. Car seems to run fine though. So I'mnot sure what to do.

Coincidence about the stereo thing? Or do you think I just need to replace the wires and plugs?

Is it possible that having the battery disconnected that the car was relearning idle and fuel injection for a few minutes?

I'm also wondering about the ground wire to the stereo and the dist cap (clicking noise?)

What do you think?

Conjee
05-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Since your car is running fine, try removing the battery terminal and then put it back. See if the SES come back on. If it does you can try and change your spark plugs and see if that helps.

Corey2kG
05-05-2010, 10:16 PM
With my G when I disconnect the positive side of the battery and connect it again and turn it on it turns right back off. So what I do is drive it with two feet for a few miles and let it sit for a few minutes and its fine.

v0mitr0n
05-05-2010, 11:50 PM
With my G when I disconnect the positive side of the battery and connect it again and turn it on it turns right back off. So what I do is drive it with two feet for a few miles and let it sit for a few minutes and its fine.

cool .. I was freaking out when it wouldn't stay running. I noticed you're in MA .. I'm in Brockton.

I kinda did the same thing .. started it, let it run with the gas on .. then let it sit for a while. After a while it finally started and ran normally. With the battery unplugged, then reconnected, I think the ECU reset .. the fuel pump is probably last in the chain .. who knows, definitely not me.

I'm kinda concerned about the #3 Cylinder misfire though .. hopefully it's nothing serious .. I just bought the car and the 30 day warranty is up. I'll try what you suggested .. unhook the battery, see if the SES light goes out .. monitor it for a bit. Then if it happens again, change the wires and plugs.
Anything outside of that will probably require a dealer visit :009:

Corey2kG
05-05-2010, 11:56 PM
i could check it and reset it if anything if you were down to take a trip and/or tell you exactly whats wrong. and save you money from going to the dealer. i had the check engine light come on once and it turned off by itself and connected a modis and it checked the stored codes and told me it was a random misfire. turned out i had bad gas. pm me if anything.

LatinoX20
05-06-2010, 03:49 PM
the ecu on our cars do have to relearn the idle after disconnecting the battery, can u feel it misfiring? or is just the light on?

v0mitr0n
05-06-2010, 10:34 PM
the ecu on our cars do have to relearn the idle after disconnecting the battery, can u feel it misfiring? or is just the light on?

feels normal .. SES light is on. I haven't disconnected the battery again yet.
This weekend I'm thinking about disconnecting the battery, then changing the plugs and wires.
Hopefully the light will turn off, then stay off