PDA

View Full Version : Cracking speakers

venera
05-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Hello every one,

I'm new here and still learning my way around. So, please pardon me if any mistake is made.

Here is my problem:
I just bought a 2005 Galant. The speakers make cracking sound when the music is delivered through all four speakers or just the front ones. However, the sound becomes normal when I sent the music to the back speakers only.
I will appreciate all of your input.

Note: I check the wires in the back of the stereo and everything seems OK. I look for the stock amp under the seats and the trunk and couldn't find it. :049:

RAZ_76
05-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Well, sounds like you have blown front speakers. Reason you don't hear it when you switch to the rear ones is because all the sound comes out the rear now and none through the front..lol.

Corey2kG
05-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Honestly I was gonna say that but I wasnt sure or I misread it. If you have speakers with a factory amp and factory radio wouldnt it be close to impossible to blow the speakers? I have stock infinity and even with an aftermarket radio my speakers kick ass.

harper57
05-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Definetly blown speakers

RAZ_76
05-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Honestly I was gonna say that but I wasnt sure or I misread it. If you have speakers with a factory amp and factory radio wouldnt it be close to impossible to blow the speakers? I have stock infinity and even with an aftermarket radio my speakers kick ass.

You can blow speakers even with an amp connected if you turn it up too high beyond their capabilities or too much bass.

Corey2kG
05-09-2010, 07:17 PM
But doesn't a stock radio like cut out like the bass doesn't hit as hard at a certain volume? I know pontiac did it.

venera
05-09-2010, 08:27 PM
That is what I though at first (blown out speakers). But when I went to a car audio place, they told me that the factory Amp may be causing the problem. However, the Amp is no where to be found. We looked under both seats and in the truck without much luck.

Corey2kG
05-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Mine is located under the passenger seat. I dont know the 9G stock radio and speaker setup though. I have 2 in the doors 2 in the mirrors 2 in the back and one in the middle of the dash.

venera
05-11-2010, 10:43 AM
I want to thank all of you for helping out. As you all stated, it truly was a blown speaker (driver side). I fixed it and everything is back to normal.
Once again, thank you very much.

Corey2kG
05-11-2010, 10:44 AM
No problem...