PDA

View Full Version : Quick CV question....

oakrdrs187
05-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm replacing both axles tomorrow. But local auto parts wants cores, so would it be okay to remove both cv's to take for the exchange??

Stock 99 2.4L

as an update evruthing went fine small tranny leak, but im concerned about the color, it wasnt pink it was yellowish gold LIKE BRAKE FLUID OR FRESH MOTOR OIL., my buddy said maybe the transmission line in rad may be bad, any info on this?? last flush done about 15k ago at MITS.

SkylineG1
05-18-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm replacing both axles tomorrow. But local auto parts wants cores, so would it be okay to remove both cv's to take for the exchange??

Stock 99 2.4L

Yes that's how it works. You have to do tha too for:

calipers
alternators
starters

and other parts.

oakrdrs187
05-18-2010, 10:12 PM
well i mean is it okay to remove both cv's together with out damage or problems?

02redgalant
05-18-2010, 11:25 PM
obviously your not gonna be driving it anywhere...lol..get some replacement transmission fluid and your fine..

RAZ_76
05-19-2010, 12:28 AM
You have to remove them to replace them so yeah, it will be fine to remove. Nothing will happen until you get back with eh new ones.

oakrdrs187
05-19-2010, 10:31 PM
as an update evruthing went fine small tranny leak, but im concerned about the color, it wasnt pink it was yellowish gold LIKE BRAKE FLUID OR FRESH MOTOR OIL., my buddy said maybe the transmission line in rad may be bad, any info on this?? last flush done about 15k ago at MITS.

is there a trans cooler line??

Poison457
05-20-2010, 08:28 AM
yea your trans pumps fluid through the radiator to cool it, look at the very bottom of the radiator and you'll see the connection's should be rubber hosing with clamps on it, and it is possible that the trans cooler core in the radiator is punctured/leaking, 1st thing i would do is completely flush and change all the tranny fluid, and filter, and then keep a very close eye on it for color and smell changes, then go from there.

If it by any change leaking, i have a seperate trans cooler i'd let go for a 15-20 bucks + shipping, and shipping could be cheap it doesn't weigh but 1lb or 2