PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump: Weak "whirring"

GalantEVOII
05-21-2010, 03:30 PM
I tried searching for like a week for the solution to this problem...

My fuel pump was working fine a few weeks ago. I could hear it prime with the backseats in. Now I can't hear it but I can hear the pump running with the small wire jump with my ear to the pump inside of its service hole. I know by batery was completely discharged and replaced it but the problem persists. I cannot hear it prime but I can with my ear to it. I have a brand new battery and assuming that it was the fuel pump relay, I jumped the relay and still I can hear it with my ear on it...

I even took the pump out and tested it with it directly to a 12v power source and it runs absolutely fine. The inlet sock is clean also....

I have a new relay coming in at AutoZone today.

I have tried everything I can with help and I am completely baffled

GalantEVOII
05-22-2010, 12:53 PM
What I am saying is I don't know whether or not I need to replace the pump or the relay or both.
It just seems like there is no power getting to the fuel pump.

Any wise advice for me?

Ruslik
05-22-2010, 03:06 PM
did u test the new relay?

GalantEVOII
05-23-2010, 04:50 AM
Not yet...
didn't even get to see my car today
or anything to run tests nor anything related

GalantEVOII
05-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Now I have a real issue...
The fuel pump, fuel pump relay, fuel pump strainer, both coil packs, spark plugs, and spark plug wires have all been replaced and are brand new.

The car still won't fire up. Can anybody help me address this issue because I am totally confused and have done everything I can to get it to turn over.

I am desperate for help!!! PLEASE help me out.

-Thanks in advance

varroa
05-26-2010, 03:00 AM
so can you confirm that you are getting fuel? disconnect the fuel line from where it connects to the fuel injector rail, and turn on the engine. if the fuel starts pumping, your fuel line is ok.

now, do you get spark? try to ground the spark plugs' wires to the engine. if you get spark, your electrics are fine.

but, you say that it doesn't even turn over. is your starter good? battery?

GalantEVOII
05-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Yup
they battery is brand new and got the starter tested, it is also fine.