PDA

View Full Version : Got Chewed Out!

errika
03-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Someone help. I bidded on the following item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...DME:B:EOAB:MT:6 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2404959672&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:MT:6')

But then Chip informed me that the intake that filter isn't replacable and that rubber sleeve from the MAS adapter may give me problems.

Now look at the guy that was trying to sell it to me says

Who told you it is not replacable????? Common sense, 80 to 90% air intake out there uses 3" piping. AEM, Injen, Airaid, KN....You can use any brand, any brand as long as the filter inlet is 3" to fit pipe or MAF adapter (also 3") Where you get that information from , that guy must have no knowledge at all about cars. What you are saying is like.....battery must be factory made, can't use any other brand....can't buy battery from Pep Boys or Auto Zone......You must use factory filters.... can't use other brands.....

You don't need to buy from me. But, if you purcahsed already and trying to back out, I have to give you a negative and notify safe harbor sorry.

Now my question, who is right? I already bought a K&N filter to have it replaced with that. Or am I just stupid?!?!?!?

Thanks!
Erika

TWISTED II
03-06-2003, 01:35 PM
i'm a lil confused but would like to help you out here. i just need you to explain it a lil better. i'm seeing that you have a K&N filter and wanna put it on this intake you just bidded on? lemme know so i can help ya out. see ya

errika
03-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Yuppers you got it. I know I type to damn fast that I dont read what I put until I make it to confusing.

Sorry

pinoyesv6
03-06-2003, 04:24 PM
personally, i don't think thats worth 80 dollars. uhm u can get a CP CAI intake for like about the same price. the CP upper intake pipe is less restrctive than that one because it doesn't have that flex joint. also the CP comes with the CARB sticker.

but yea u can get an aem short ram for under a hundred dollars now and that already comes with a k&n filter, comes in various colors.

but yea, that will fit ur car. you shouldn't have problems. but with the filter. they did advertise that it is cleanable reusable but the thing u have to worry about with inferior filters is that, will it last long enough to be cleaned. many inferior filters fall apart b4 they get a chance to be cleaned.

TWISTED II
03-06-2003, 05:54 PM
ok, well if the way i'm interpreting it is correct, and you just wanna use your K&N filter with that intake system, as long as the diameter is the same, its all good. the guy selling you the kit is correct. if the filter was meant for a 3 inch pipe, and the intake is a 3 inch pipe, then your golden. no reason for it not to work. :thumbsup:

T.S.
03-06-2003, 06:02 PM
Might as well pay the guy and keep your good feedback going, If it doesnt work for you or you don't like it you can always put it back on ebay and resell, then buy something different.

Auto-9
03-06-2003, 06:52 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T.S.)</div><div class='quotemain'>Might as well pay the guy and keep your good feedback going, If it doesnt work for you or you don't like it you can always put it back on ebay and resell, then buy something different.</div>

I'd also wait for the seller to leave the positive feedback first, then leave negative on them just for being a meanie.

Fishboy55
03-06-2003, 08:04 PM
OK, this is why I gave erikka the heads up. This is what his auction says:

K&N style washable and reusable filter! This is not a KN filter. You can replace KN filters.

So I took that to mean you can replace K&N filters, but you can't replace this one. If I was wrong, and it's replaceable then it's all good.

The other reason i gave her a heads up is for this picture http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_1ff8129cb2463fbd4681a7448aad2eac/i-1.JPG

That doesn't look like any kind of replaceable filter I've ever seen. It looks like the whole filter is encased in something. And i STILL think that flexible rubber sleeve is gonna give you a problem. But I'm always open to being incorrect. You need to make your own decision. I just was offering my opinion. Sorry :oops:

Chip

errika
03-06-2003, 08:05 PM
Thanks guys! That's what i'm gonna do then! Ill just go ahead and purchase it and I will leave a negative feedback on this rude ass!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Erika
:twisted:

errika
03-06-2003, 08:07 PM
BTW Chip,

Thank you, you were just taking care of us Galant Owners! Personal thanks!

I'll let you know how the out is!

erika

Auto-9
03-06-2003, 09:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(errika)</div><div class='quotemain'>BTW Chip,

Thank you, you were just taking care of us Galant Owners! Â*Personal thanks!

I'll let you know how the out is!

erika</div>

As we say in the Marine Corps, Chip is the "Grand old man of TGC" :laughing:

Prophet
03-07-2003, 01:21 AM
I don't think that will work either. Ain't it missing the MAS adapter? And what the hell is that rubber accordian thing on the pipe?

Jason

pinoyesv6
03-07-2003, 01:26 AM
i see the MAS adaptor. its black with a 3 inch opening. looks to the left of the upper part of the intake pipe. u know where it connects to the TB.

as for the accordian part well thats a flex pipe jsut like the stock intake. uhm i see it comes with a bracket so im guessing the MAS would be solidly mounted to the car while the rest of the intake is connected to the TB. so yea it needs a way to move since the mody doesn't move but the motor does. not the best thing in the world but no need for welding

Prophet
03-08-2003, 01:20 AM
ohhh....there it is!!!!!! :oops:

Jason

Fishboy55
03-08-2003, 06:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i see the MAS adaptor. its black with a 3 inch opening. looks to the left of the upper part of the intake pipe. u know where it connects to the TB.

as for the accordian part well thats a flex pipe jsut like the stock intake. uhm i see it comes with a bracket so im guessing the MAS would be solidly mounted to the car while the rest of the intake is connected to the TB. so yea it needs a way to move since the mody doesn't move but the motor does. not the best thing in the world but no need for welding</div>
I'm not so sure I'd put my faith in a flexible rubber tube to hold the weight of the extension pipe and that space ship looking filter thing hanging off my MAF adapter. True, it saves a weld, but without the flexible rubber mount to the frame, (which is how a CAI extension should connect on our cars) I'd be afraid of hearing a thump one day at 75 MPH as I run over my CAI pipe. Just my opinion and why I emailed erikka. I don't trust something that's untested.

Chip

TWISTED II
03-11-2003, 06:10 AM
ahhh, you forgot to lock this one, falling behind......

pinoyesv6
03-11-2003, 10:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not so sure I'd put my faith in a flexible rubber tube to hold the weight of the extension pipe and that space ship looking filter thing hanging off my MAF adapter. True, it saves a weld, but without the flexible rubber mount to the frame, (which is how a CAI extension should connect on our cars) I'd be afraid of hearing a thump one day at 75 MPH as I run over my CAI pipe. Just my opinion and why I emailed erikka. I don't trust something that's untested.

Chip</div>

you see how its bent at the end where the filter would go. it shows that it wasn't meant to be used with a cold air extension. kinda like my injen pipe. but yea, the MAS and the filter will be solidly mounted to the car using that bracket that comes with it and as for the flex of the pipe from the vibrations of the motor, thats what the accordian part is for. nonetheless, IMO its not even worth 50 dollars to me.