PDA

View Full Version : Long time project 4g64

BigPunisher
05-28-2010, 01:30 AM
I got a 2000 Mitsubishi Galant with the 4G64 motor. My timing belt just stripped and now i gotta rebuild. Ive been dickin around with the car over the past 6 years, and now am pretty much forced to do what i should have done in the first place. Im looking for ideas, parts, and info on how you guys think i should go about this rebuild. Ill post some pics when i get a chance. Also trying to keep the bill to a minimum since im back in school now with a full time job and a mortgage to pay. Id like to keep it below $1500 for now, with a turbo in the future.:bouncy:

jimmy_o2
05-28-2010, 06:47 AM
i guess its time for u to do ur homework

qnz
05-28-2010, 09:42 AM
cheapest route would be to buy a junkyard motor for $300 and swap it in

BigPunisher
05-28-2010, 03:35 PM
I am doing my homework. I spent all last night and the night before researching both the forums and other avenues. Im actually selling my sled so i can do this, possibly even my RC. I thought about the junkyard swap, but there asking $700 for the damn motor, i'd rather double that and rebuild to make sure its ready for a turbo probably next year. Im taking the block in the end of next week and also getting a valve job(LOL-valve job) shortly there after. The forums have actually been a ginourmous help. Theres alot of info there. This is by far the best Galant related website ive found and am very grateful already to all who have taken their time to add there input to the site.

BigPunisher
05-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Alright, so here's what im finding. I wanted to get the block bored so i was looking at piston and ring kits at wiseco. I found one, but its telling me its for the 4g64 block with the 4g63 head. Ive been looking for this head and i keep coming up with the DOHC. So basically what im asking is where do i find the head i need, and what is it off of. Ive got over 20 hours in the last four days into research, and would just absolutely love it if some one would throw me a bone here. I would love to talk to some one that has done this before. I keep reading that there are tons of posts regarding this, but im not seeming to find them, or i keep finding dead links. By the way, i got a 2000 Galant with the I4.