PDA

View Full Version : Noises from the engine bay

Hibolt
05-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi I have a 02 galant 2.4L and I just recently had this sound coming from the engine seems to only be making the sound under low rpms (revving down/up between 1-2k rpm) sounds like a heat shield vibrating but I cant really pinpoint it I have taken of the heat shield for the exhaust manifold cause it was cracked and I taken off the one for the catalytic converter and theres still noises its so annoying I was wondering if theres any other heat shields on our cars? or could I be looking at a another problem? oh and a non-related question I have about 86k miles on my car around what mileage did anybodys alternator start to go out? thnx in advance for any input.

LatinoX20
05-28-2010, 10:37 AM
at 89k my alternator went, it was like 1 month ago... idk bout the heat shields but on the v6 theres one underneath where our pipes connect, idk bout the i4 tho

Hibolt
05-28-2010, 11:52 AM
at 89k my alternator went, it was like 1 month ago... idk bout the heat shields but on the v6 theres one underneath where our pipes connect, idk bout the i4 tho

so at 89k? during that time did you hear any noises coming from the alternator like a whining sound while accelrating?

zoom29
07-29-2010, 06:10 PM
I am having the same problem with the heat shield as well. I had it replaced a year ago and it is rattling again. I wonder if this is going to be an on going problem.