PDA

View Full Version : Coolant leaking

Timdojo
05-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Hey guys. Ok I'm a retard with this stuff so I'm hoping it's an obvious answer with an easy fix lol. 8g started overheating last night, so I pulled over.. and after the damn smoke had cleared I could see coolant all over the place. It was leaking out of the hose leading from the radiator to the engine.. but i couldn't see that it was split or anything. I added more water to the radiator just to get it home, but the cap wasn't hot or anything, which seemed strange. Could it just be the hose needs replacing, or is it something more?

I took a picture of the hose, you can see where all the coolant had been leaking out. (it's hella dirty under the hood, i know. sorry lol:105:)

http://i979.photobucket.com/albums/ae276/timdojo89/IMG_2998.jpg

RAZ_76
05-29-2010, 02:09 PM
If you can't tell where it's coming from, how did you determine that it was the hose that goes from radiator to engine??

Timdojo
05-29-2010, 02:31 PM
well there was coolant directly under that hose, and i saw a few drops fall from the bottom of it, near the clamp that holds it to the engine. but I can't see an actual split in the hose

s4ean
05-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Just try replacing the clamp for starters...

Timdojo
05-29-2010, 10:12 PM
yep that's what it was lol. I was just being stupid and not paying attention to the clamp. It snapped in half at the bottom, and kinda glued itself to the hose so I didn't notice it. Replaced the clamp, everythings good. thanks guys

wright06jhs
05-29-2010, 10:41 PM
I would go ahead and replace the hose while your at it. especially if its OEM, and there not that expensive. I paid $12 for the top radiator hose at Advanced auto.

RAZ_76
05-29-2010, 11:40 PM
I would go ahead and replace the hose while your at it. especially if its OEM, and there not that expensive. I paid $12 for the top radiator hose at Advanced auto.

I agree, also the thermostat, like 15.