PDA

View Full Version : Brake Dust Drives me Crazy!!!!!

NRG
03-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Is there anyway to prevent brake dust other than getting different material pads? I mean this is insane......I am using the AXXIS Metal Master and all it takes is 1 week of driving and my nice ass wheels get all covered up in dust......My wheels go from silver to bronze....

Any idea guys??

Sowndwayv
03-06-2003, 08:23 PM
clean them off really well..and wax them. its supposed to make it harder for the dust to actually stick to the wheel, making it easier to clean off

FinalLast
03-06-2003, 09:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>Is there anyway to prevent brake dust other than getting different material pads? Â*I mean this is insane......I am using the AXXIS Metal Master and all it takes is 1 week of driving and my nice ass wheels get all covered up in dust......My wheels go from silver to bronze....

Any idea guys??</div>

i got the same pads..
i can't stand the brake dust.
and its damn noisey

pinoyesv6
03-06-2003, 09:15 PM
pretty much just keep ur wheels clean all the time. make sure u use car wax or wheel polish to keep the finish looking great and smooth. the longer u keep the brake dust on there, the harder it will be to clean so keep than in mind.

NRG
03-06-2003, 10:13 PM
I didn't know you could wax the wheels.........Is it the same wax as the car or is it a special type just for the wheels?

mrjaydeeone
03-06-2003, 10:23 PM
just my 2 cents
I got gunmetal wheels and they never look dirty https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

pinoyesv6
03-06-2003, 10:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't know you could wax the wheels.........Is it the same wax as the car or is it a special type just for the wheels?</div>

they have special wheel wax but, regualr car wax works just as well