PDA

View Full Version : Very Weird Problem...NEED ADVISE

Waka Flocka Eric
05-30-2010, 01:59 PM
i have searched and haven't found anything like what i'm going through....

well my water pump needs re-placing so i don't drive my car more than 5 miles just to work...recently the car started acting retarded...

1.when i try to crank it,it turns over but takes about 20 seconds to cut on,and i have to pump the gas sometimes to get it to crank.

2.if my radiator cap is off when i try to crank it white smoke comes out

3.smell of gas seems to be in the radiator...yes i do think it is my head-gasket but am not 100% sure.

car never got to the red mark when overheating just a little above middle.

p.s can't locate oil pressure sensor can someone tell me where it is located?

varroa
05-30-2010, 03:32 PM
you need to replace your head gasket.

RedGalant2k1
05-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Usually when a headgasket is blown you have oil and water mixing. Does the coolant look bright green, or is it a milky brown?

Waka Flocka Eric
05-30-2010, 06:11 PM
no signs of oil mixing with the coolant and there is no white smoke comming from the exhaust

RedGalant2k1
05-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Why not then start with replacing what you know to be broken (water pump), and you might as well do the timing belt, and thermostat, and flush the engine coolant also. See what happens after that.

jimmy_o2
05-30-2010, 06:32 PM
dont forget tentioners(i think thats how u spell it) and pulleys too and theres a couple of seals as well

Waka Flocka Eric
05-30-2010, 07:18 PM
well i have recently replaced the timing belts,thermostats, and flush coolant

the water pump is all that remains....so should i install it then see how it runs?plus when the car runs it doesn't run rough or anything.

just wondering because if i install the water pump and need to replace the headgasket then i will just leave the timing belt off and go from there....i don't think its the gasket but what else would cause gas to mix with coolant.

Waka Flocka Eric
05-31-2010, 04:33 AM
i really don't think its the headgasket because i don't see white smoke comming from the exhaust and i can drive the car 30 mins before it starts reaching overheating.

whatever it is i'm ready to fix it

RedGalant2k1
05-31-2010, 06:56 AM
have you done the water pump and timing belt yet?

Waka Flocka Eric
05-31-2010, 11:41 AM
haven't done the water pump yet but did do the timing,plan on knocking out the water pump today

Waka Flocka Eric
06-01-2010, 02:22 AM
confirm it is the head gasket...whats the best way to go about this

varroa
06-01-2010, 02:32 AM
how did you confirm that? the best way would be to follow one or more service manuals. you could use a Hanes manual in conjunction with the factory service manual. each has useful information that's not contained in the other.

Waka Flocka Eric
06-01-2010, 02:49 AM
got a hanes manual and white smoke just started appearing from the exhaust not a lot but it's there.plus gas in my radiator and oil.

just need two thinks now......

1.is there a how to replace a head gasket tutorial

2.say i'm feeling lazy would something like a steel seal buy me enough time to get it properly fixed....not really flowing with cash if you know what i mean.

varroa
06-01-2010, 03:20 AM
it's actually pretty simple to do, just follow a service manual. i don't think there is anything not described in there.

mrg7243
06-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Replacing the head gasket is a major chore that im in the process of doing. When you pull the head off, make sure you send it to a machine shop so they can deck the head, and check it for warpage, cause if you have a warped head then you will just keep blowing hadgaskets.

Waka Flocka Eric
06-01-2010, 02:36 PM
thanks will do