PDA

View Full Version : problem after accident

Censee
06-01-2010, 02:56 PM
well ...as many of u know...maybe maybe not..i crashed the g a long time ago.....hit the wall of an expressway real hard and got two rims hit really hard on the passenger side...after the accident both front wheels have negative camber like u woudlnt believe...went to get the car fixed but unfortunately since i had lowered suspension , the insurance did not want to pay at all for any suspension parts..at this point it doesnt matter to go back and fight because it was like 2 years ago..the body shop just put a camber kit up front and called it a day...whatever, the car's exterior was fixed and the suspension;well;ghetto-fixed...at that point i just needed a car to get around in...after the accident the car has been mostly un used until recently, and the shaking and vibrating when i get on the highway is ridiculous.the car was aligned and all,the steering faces right when im going straight so i know there is a problem.now that im starting to drive the car more i want to get it fixed...havent really taken the time to give proper care to the g in awhile, just wanted to ask if anything similar has happened to any of you, and what can it possibly be. i have a few ideas,but ide rather ask for your opinions first..

greddy
06-01-2010, 03:02 PM
bent control arm, I had the same problem once when I hit a curb pretty hard.

03-Galant-ES
06-01-2010, 03:09 PM
bent control arm, I had the same problem once when I hit a curb pretty hard.

x2 mine is still bent from when my car slid into a curb when there was snow and ice on ground. My car vibrates over 50 mph and gets worse after 61.

RAZ_76
06-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I had a bad wreck with the Galant back in 03. A young girl side swiped me, sending me into a 6" curb at 50 miles an hour. Only the right side of my car hit, cracked both wheels on that side and bent controls arms. Had to have them replaced, along with struts/shocks and the brackets for the control arms cut off and welded new ones. They were bent beyond repair, the car was never the same after that.