PDA

View Full Version : Question: New style front bumper+ fog lights Installation

dmdvzla
06-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Hello guys. I decided to post here because someone sujested It would be the best way to go.

As some of you know, I am trying to install on my car the New style VR4 bumper with its fogs; Now I came to a little bit of a problem.....About a week ago I tried to put everything together before I went ahead and took my car apart, and I noticed the fog lights fit very loose in the holes where they are supposed to be located on the bumper. Even though Triggermauve sent me the metal brackets, I just cannot seem to find the way they go. Someone already told me the metal brackets in the back of the fogs are really not needed. Still, even when I put the screw that holds the fog in place, it just seems to be loose (not quite tight) and I am scared I may lose them on the highway or that they may get stolen. Also someone said they are supposed to slide into a round plastic clip the bumper has, but I also don't see it. I just need a little help by someone sending me some pictures of how the New style front bumper looks from the back side with the fog lights on. Doing so I could tell what I am missing exactly and contact Trigg for him to send me the needed parts.

AHHH! Almost forgot, for the people that already did this project....what did you guys used to make the cuts of the headlight openings to fit the JDM headlights and also the crash bar??? Will a dremel do the trick??

I appreciate all the sujestions and help

Galantman03
06-02-2010, 08:43 PM
idk about the fogs in the the bumper.. but to cut the metal with, use a dremel with a carbide bit, or cutting discs (the reinforced ones), or any bits that can cut metal.. Quick question, you get the side skirts shipping thing figured out?
Edit: just thought if this.. if your worried about the fogs coming out, why not just silicon them in, into the bumper, from behind... that way it holds, stops the fogs from rubbing and vibrating, just make sure its silicon that stays flexible, that way if you need to take out the fogs, just peel it out.

02redgalant
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
idk man on mine the one bolt on the bottom of the fogs holds them in tight.....as for the the cutting to fit the heads a dremel works good but the dremel wont cut the crashbar

dmdvzla
06-02-2010, 09:45 PM
idk about the fogs in the the bumper.. but to cut the metal with, use a dremel with a carbide bit, or cutting discs (the reinforced ones), or any bits that can cut metal.. Quick question, you get the side skirts shipping thing figured out?
Edit: just thought if this.. if your worried about the fogs coming out, why not just silicon them in, into the bumper, from behind... that way it holds, stops the fogs from rubbing and vibrating, just make sure its silicon that stays flexible, that way if you need to take out the fogs, just peel it out.

Thanks! and YES, I did resolve the shipping issue.

dmdvzla
06-02-2010, 09:50 PM
I just got these pics from TRIGGERMAUVE....and I don't know if that helps

new style front bumper
http://triggmauve.hp.infoseek.co.jp/tgc/june/catalog_fbumper.jpg

What is the part that appears on the top of this picture???? I know the part below it seems to be the JDM crash bar and then the bumper. To me it looks like a thin metal frame for I don't know what.....is that needed to create more support for the top of the bumper so it doesn't get warped?

new style fogs
http://triggmauve.hp.infoseek.co.jp/tgc/june/catalog_nsfogs.jpg

fender flares
http://triggmauve.hp.infoseek.co.jp/tgc/june/catalog_fenderflares.jpg[/QUOTE]

Dominicano
06-02-2010, 11:59 PM
why don't you take pictures of the fog on the bumper from the back so we can tell you whats wrong.

G-spot
06-03-2010, 12:04 AM
What is the part that appears on the top of this picture???? I know the part below it seems to be the JDM crash bar and then the bumper. To me it looks like a thin metal frame for I don't know what.....is that needed to create more support for the top of the bumper so it doesn't get warped?

It's called a "bumper cover support bar" All usdm models have this. IDK the two version are similar though.