PDA

View Full Version : side markers...

99GalantOn18s
03-06-2003, 10:53 PM
wussup? i was lookin at some side markers for my g-rider... i was about to get the APC xenon ones in the white case... the purple tinted ones... but they didnt work when i tried them... what type of side markers r ya'll using? they r 1157's right??

ChromeGalant
03-09-2003, 08:12 AM
Yeah.. 1157

Not to insult your intelligence.. but was the bulb inserted into the socket the right way? On the bulb one notch is higher than the other, ensure its lined up right..or maybe you have a faulty bulb, try another one...does the original work?

electricjoe
03-09-2003, 08:31 AM
I saw some side markers I like, that I hope aren't too pricey. They are on the Audi A8, these side markers are SQUARE, and seem very low profile...look real cool to me.

99GalantOn18s
03-10-2003, 04:04 AM
wussup? yeah they were 1157s... i twisted out the factory amber bulbs... and replaced them with these purple colored APC xenon bulbs... i looked on the side cause it had 2 lil prongs that hold it in place so i know it was in right... but when i turn on the lights they dont come on... so i put the factory amber bulb back in and it worked... i must have tried like 3 different APC xenon bulbs... none worked... i used 1157 bulbs i dont understand y they dont work?!

pinoyesv6
03-10-2003, 07:58 AM
try pushing out the contacts on the socket out a lil bit. sometimes the lil nubs for the contacts are shorter than the stock ones and yea, the lights won't work if its not touching

Tiptronic
03-10-2003, 09:37 AM
maybe i'm reading this wrong, but are we talking side marker or corner lights...cause my side marker lights are size 194's

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid24/pe5d9dc5d99b9f4a4e30d1d02cb4fa4a1/fd940da6.jpg

and if they are 1157, where did you get such big ass side markers from

Xavier22
03-10-2003, 09:39 AM
think hes talking about corner lights, mitsu, cuz the majority side markers are 194' or similar size bulbs -

if it was 1157's, that would be a big ass side marker - lol

99GalantOn18s
03-10-2003, 10:17 PM
damn my bad ya'll they r my parkin lights that r actin crazy... i wasnt even readin what i was typin... anyway what r u talkin about? what am i supposed to push on to make the bulb work?

Reelax
03-10-2003, 11:50 PM
inside the 1157 socket there are 3 contacts. 2 are positive and are at the "bottom" of the socket and look like folded metal tabs. one is the positive for the signal and the other is the positive for the parking. the last contact is the ground (-) and it is on the "side" of the socket. pull on the 2 tabs inside so they stick out further, they may not b touching the bulb contact even when you put the bulb in correctly. also check the last contact. pull it to the center of the socket so that it makes a good connection w/ the side of the bulb... this is almost always overlooked.

99GalantOn18s
03-11-2003, 05:03 AM
thanks dawg... if u wouldnt have explained that to me i would never have figured that shit out... also, i dunno if this makes a difference but when i put those apc xenon bulbs in the socket and turned the light on... the lady workin at discount auto said my headlight on that side got bright like it was on high beam...

TITAN
03-25-2003, 09:26 PM
i posted this up in another topic similar to this, but what i want to know is are there actually really bright, xenon, hyperwhite (what ever you want to call them) 1157's. i was just thinking about doing this and ive only looked at like Autozone and pepboys, not specialty shops and i have not found any yet.

pinoyesv6
03-26-2003, 07:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(knightriderXXX)</div><div class='quotemain'>i posted this up in another topic similar to this, but what i want to know is are there actually really bright, xenon, hyperwhite (what ever you want to call them) 1157's. i was just thinking about doing this and ive only looked at like Autozone and pepboys, not specialty shops and i have not found any yet.</div>

the autozone and pepboys i go to carry apc products and they have hyperwhites in the 1157 size. ebay is another great palce to look. but yea uhm, them hyperwhites do have a limit to birghtness. they are pretty white with a slight blue tint depending on the brand. but if u conduct a search, you can find a tutorial by reelax on how to rewire ur turn signal so they can be really bright. but the downside to this is that the bulb life is shortened by like half. but thats only a small price to pay for perfection.