PDA

View Full Version : A/C Reinstallation

WhiteGalant
06-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Alright guys so when I was young and I had crashed the car back in 08 I removed the whole ac system because the condenser was trashed and I wanted to get rid of it anyways. So now I want to put everything back in because Im tired of the heat lol. I have all the parts so how do I go about recharging the system from empty? Is there anything that I cant reuse now that I have broken the seal on the lines or anything? Any info would be great guy.

Thanks
Fred :)

ezekiel.glnt
06-04-2010, 10:19 PM
go to autozone they have a/c recharge kits for about 20-25$ ,the one i bought is called subzero,silver and blue bottle with a white polor bear on front.it was real easy to do i'd say about 10 min or less,just follow the simple instructions on bottle,easy.

AVERAGE
06-04-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm thinking there's a strong possibility that you may need a new dryer. Usually when a system has been open to the atmosphere for long periods of time; the dryer is rendered useless.

WhiteGalant
06-05-2010, 03:14 AM
^^ Yup thats what I heard. Once it has been open for a while it needs to be replaced. Im thinking of going to the junkyard and picking one up off of a galant where the a/c system hasnt been touched lol.

02redgalant
06-05-2010, 03:16 AM
if you wanna do it right your gonna wanna get high/low pressure gauge set...most stores just sell the low pressure side refill....or you could have a shop fill it save the headache

glantnation
06-05-2010, 03:28 PM
I also think once you get all the parts in you have to put the system lines on vaccum pump to remove any moisture in the system...then when you charge it the r134a will get sucked right in...

WhiteGalant
06-05-2010, 07:49 PM
I do have a set of gauges, and I also heard about putting the lines on a vacuum pump to suck out all the moisture -_- wonder how I should go about that...

RedGalant2k1
06-05-2010, 07:52 PM
You purge the A/c system first, it removes all the freon, pag oil, and moisture. Than a full recharge machine refills with the correct amount (and weight) pag oil, and freon.

WhiteGalant
06-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Yea Ill just get all the stuff installed back in the car then run it to the shop and have them do all that shit haha.

beam514
06-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Places like Firestone should be able to do it. I forgot how much they charge for it, but it wasn't TOO bad IIRC.

wright06jhs
06-05-2010, 09:15 PM
When you re-install everything make sure you replace all the O-rings (seal's What ever you want to call them) to prevent any leaks.

Stewi
06-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Yea Ill just get all the stuff installed back in the car then run it to the shop and have them do all that shit haha.

+1

I gotta do this soon myself. You will know for sure if any of the seals are bad because when the shop puts the system in vacuum, it wont hold if the seals are bad. Im sure the shop wont charge much for o-rings since they are all really easy to get to to replace.