PDA

View Full Version : What size bolts for the clutch master cylinder?

bsilver23
06-05-2010, 10:46 AM
I am getting ready to do my 5 speed over the next week and i have everything i need except for the bolts to hold on the master cylinder/clutch pedal. I was wondering if anybody knew what the size was so that i wouldnt have to take the master cylinder in to a hardware store to find the correct size.

bsilver23
06-05-2010, 02:29 PM
no one knows?!?

i have a feeling they would be like 12mm since that is a common size, but not positive

M-Rod
06-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Mine had studs coming out of the master and it used nuts to hold itself into place. I've had 2 and they were both that way.

beam514
06-05-2010, 04:47 PM
I would just take the MC into the hardware store. My brand new MC came with two studs already in the MC, and two nuts for the clutch adjustment. Those nuts also fit on the studs, and I had to use a 12mm socket for them. BUT when I took them to the hardware store, the same ID and thread pitch nuts actually needed a 13mm socket. So in the end, I have to use a 13mm socket to remove my MC.

Moral of the story, the size needed is kind of confusing, so just bring the MC to the hardware store and see what fits

bsilver23
06-05-2010, 09:21 PM
yeah haha i will bring it to a hardware store and see what fits. I meant NUTS and not BOLTS lol, dont know why i said that in the first place, its nuts ha