PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems - Power locks and hazard lights

deep thought 42
06-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Well for some reason when I turn the car off, I can't use the power locks or hazard lights. Pretty sure this isn't normal, correct me if I'm wrong. Also when the power locks are working, when I hit lock all button on the driver door, they do lock, but then immediately unlock again. I am at a loss here. It seems to be something wrong with the whole electrical system since the radio does not retain the time when I turn it off, which I assume means it loses power when the car is off.

Side note, the tutorial at the top of the forum is a broken link. Is there an updated page? Thanks in advance.

fatal1
06-05-2010, 11:10 PM
its a fuse...are your dome lights working and the radio working? if not check the 10a fuse in the underhood box located in the uellow casing...there are 2 of them. i forget which one it is offhand but it doesnt take long to check both.

deep thought 42
06-06-2010, 07:13 AM
its a fuse...are your dome lights working and the radio working? if not check the 10a fuse in the underhood box located in the uellow casing...there are 2 of them. i forget which one it is offhand but it doesnt take long to check both.

The radio works when the car is on, but the dome lights and the mirror lights don't work even if the car is on. I'll give the fuses a look.