PDA

View Full Version : Is their a difference

8g831
06-07-2010, 02:44 AM
I recently got a catalytic converter,turns out it doesn't have the stamp that California requires now my light came up again and I wanna get it changed asap.if I put this on will it affect performance? Or will I just have to swap every two years? Chime in on what u guys would too and thanks in advance guys

beam514
06-07-2010, 01:51 PM
is it a high-flow cat? what happened to your stock cat?

SPD_FRK
06-07-2010, 02:37 PM
I believe the stamping you would need on an aftermarket cat would be that it has met CARB certification. If the CEL is on, get the codes that it is throwing. If it is a high flow cat it is probably throwing a code for the post cat O2 sensor since it isn't reading sufficient change in the exhaust gasses from prior to the cat.

You might be able to fool the Post O2 sensor by getting the sprak defoulers and screw in, this will space the O2 sensor out a bit from the flow of the exhaust and make the ECU think it is actually reading less as it should be after coming out of the cat.

8g831
06-07-2010, 04:31 PM
is it a high-flow cat? what happened to your stock cat?

No just a regular one it throws the po4 something code that the catalyst efficient below threshhold on the cat that is where you would put headers..I just wanna switch it with a new one but it doesn't have the carb stamp