PDA

View Full Version : Center Bearing Bracket

Fher_Raul
06-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi, im new to the forum, i have a 2001 Galant 3.0 V6, i notice a little vibration on load, so i do the washer mod the the axles and it work 90%. So i decide to check under the car and notice a big play in the center bearing in the passenger shaft. The question is:

The bearing is a unique part?
Or i need the auter or inner axle?
Or the bracket is a entire par including bearing?
Where i find those parts?

In tne local autoparts(Mopal) the guys said me $90.00 for the bracket with bearing. So please give some help here!!!!

beam514
06-08-2010, 05:46 PM
I think the bracket is an entire assembly including the bearing. I think that $90 is the cheapest you're going to find. The dealer will charge you way more than that for the same part. It feels like bearing play, and not that the bracket itself is loose from the engine block?

Fher_Raul
06-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Thanks for reply, i want to check it again to see if is the bearing itself or loose bracket, also the Local Autoparts(Mopar) is a Mitsubishi oem parts seller, im goin monday to paid, the part take 3/4 days to arrive.

Is common problem the bracket loos nuts from the block????

M-Rod
06-09-2010, 06:30 PM
not sure if it's common since I haven't seen this happen before, but it's worth going under there to check the bolts if it could potentially save you $90