PDA

View Full Version : in desperate need suggestions

biggie6924
06-08-2010, 08:20 PM
unfortunately lately the poor g is cursed, here is my issue. for the past 4months the oil light has come on at idle and then gone off with any acceleration, i figured it was the oil pressure switch, since the oil was full,and i was not getting any unusual valve tapping. well the last couple of days it has been staying on for longer than just an idle i would really have to rev the car up, for it to shut off. still no loud valve knocks or anything so i still just figured the switch. well today was coming home and all of a sudden oil light come on and i hear blllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkk and the oil light is on, o shit right so now i am hearing tick and tacking everywhere and getting a weird lower end rattle couldn't tell what it was. so limped it home took the oil cover off inside the valve cover was smoking, dumped some oil in there. so i did a oil change and and finally put the new switch in. well oil wasn't pretty but not bad. oil light is still coming on at a idle but shutting off with rpm increase, and now i have a constant valve tick much more than the norm for us, any one have any ideas, i was thinking the oil pump but they usually don't just go like this? do they? then i was thinking i was wondering if i got some bad bearings and ruining my oil pressure. i dunno i am so fed up because i don\t want to go through the hassle time and money to put a timing belt and a oil pump in this thing and the motor is junk. i am in desperate need of suggestions. thanks

biggie6924
06-08-2010, 09:02 PM
just went to check it still tapping away

Sphinx
06-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I would see if I was throwing any codes.
Then I would call my friend whos a mechanic LOL

Sphinx

biggie6924
06-08-2010, 09:41 PM
lol ya only code is for the cat but maybe i shouls double check

jusunknown
06-08-2010, 10:06 PM
When you sat it limped home, you mean it barely ran? I had an issue like that before with another car I had...found it my crank and cam shafts snapped on me, and 1 of the pistons broke free...

biggie6924
06-09-2010, 07:52 AM
no just the un-godly noise it was making wan't sure what it was so i wanted to keep the rpms low. after the oil change and all that car still has sa me amount of power just the oil light issues and now the extremely loud tapping that is much louder than the usual valve lash tap i use to have. come on somebody please help me

biggie6924
06-10-2010, 02:04 PM
ok so just drov it to work, about 20 miles all highway around 70 no more loud tapping, just the usual g tap, i don't get it, oil light is still coming on at low rpms even though i replaced the oil pressure switch? could it be that the pick up had debris in it? and the fact that the knuckle head before me must of jacked the car up from the oil pan and put a nice dent in it? thanks for the help

biggie6924
06-11-2010, 02:16 PM
ok so today a new symptom now i have a whining noise that the engine is making checked all the belts, doesn't seem to be the p/s or a/c or trans it does it when stationary and bring the rpms up, this thing is cooked, i dunno if i should try and fix it and possibly be wating my money, put a motor in it, or just try and make it last to next year for tax time and buy another car. anybody PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!