PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Windshield

baadhabit
03-07-2003, 01:02 PM
on my way to work this morning my windshield just split. mustve been because its super cold out. so now i have this long crack going to one end to the other. not only is it annoying while driving but my inspection is coming up and i don’t think i’ll pass with this crack.
where’s the best place to get a replacement windshield? ny area?

bronxbombr
03-08-2003, 02:08 PM
Any auto glass place should do good, If u dont replace it before the cops catch on to you they will target your car giving you tickets for the crack.
At least here in NY thats what they do.

IllestGalant
03-08-2003, 03:46 PM
For NY state inspection, crack has to be less than 11 inches if it is in the path of the wiper blades. It has to be less than 13 if it is out of the path of wipers.

baadhabit
03-10-2003, 02:58 PM
its much longer than 13 inches. it almost reaches from one end to the other. i'll have to change it soon. what can i expect to pay?

pinoyesv6
03-10-2003, 04:44 PM
first thing i'd do is check my insurance policy. for example my insurance covers like a few windshields a year without using up my deductible so u migth wanna look at that first. if thats not gonna work out and u have to get it out yourself, i'd next check out the junk yard. why get it new if u can save money and get it for used. many places won't sell u a windshield thats already broken anyways and many install it for u for cheap too. lastly i'd go ahead and go to the auto glass shop and get it done there...