PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Galant Grounding Points??

I4betterthanUR4
06-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Hey I need help really quick. I'm hooking up my amp and I connected my ground wire to a bolt in the cabin under the seat which I thought would be a great grounding point. After I hooked up my ground to my new amp I hooked up the positive and it sparked pretty bad. So I disconnected the ground and tried two other areas. I sand down the paint and then touched the tip of the positive wire to it and it sparks. I tried the only bolt in the trunk which is what holds down the top brake light and I also ripped up my carpet in the rear passenger side and sanded down a floor panel cause I was going to drill through it but again when I slighty touch the positive wire to it it will shock like no ones business.

I'm starting to get frustrated because I can't find a ground and I want to hook up this amp to make sure I didnt fry it. Please help me find a good ground point my ground wire is only 4ft.

WhiteGalant
06-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Um, its gonna spark if you touch the positive wire to anywhere on the chassis. The negative terminal of the battery is grounded to the chassis.

OMEGA PHX
06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
The positive wire from the battery goes to the amp and the ground exits the amp and goes to the chasis, My amp is grounded to one of the bolts that holds the seatbelts under the seat.

I4betterthanUR4
06-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Ok thanks for the help I got it.