View Full Version : vr4 into a us spec v6???

SILVERES
03-07-2003, 04:22 PM
sup everyone i dont kno if this has been discussed i was wondering if possible can a v6 00 galant from the us holda vr4 twin turbo engine i was talking to my boy and he told me intead of droppin 3,500 on a turbo kit y not just put in a vr4 so will this work and how much would one cost any help is good how much and what website can i look for it im not getting it i was just wondering cuz my friend has a point thnx everyone if it has been talked abou sorry cuz everytime i use the SEARCH it never seems to give me what i want thnx

Reelax
03-07-2003, 04:41 PM
your friend doesn't realize that it will cost about 2x as much $$$ to do that transplant. also, where will you source spare parts for when something breaks... yes something will definately break. don't get me wrong i want someone to do this. i always come off as negative but im just telling the truth. you will need an new ECU and possibly the JDM tranny or some way to mate the new engine w/ the US tranny both electronically and mechanically. of course the US chasis will hold that engine although im not sure how much modification the motor mounts will require. the best way to go about it is to buy 2 VR4 front clips so that you have spares... that right there should cost more than $3500.

SILVERES
03-07-2003, 05:10 PM
thnx for the imput brotha thnx alot

Ghost Beat
03-07-2003, 05:26 PM
if you have the money more power to ya but the price your friend quoted is no where near what it would realy cost. ive looked at my share of swaps too but the jdm swap is gona be a arm and a leg and some other body parts as well. and like reelax said replacement parts are gona kill you.

VegasMatt
03-07-2003, 05:33 PM
A cheaper and more practical idea would be to put the Rippmods supercharger system in your V6 Galant. Plenty of power and it seems to be safe on the engine so far.

SILVERES
03-07-2003, 09:49 PM
how much would it be for the super charging or a turbo

Auto-9
03-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Plan to spend 3 to 4 grand on the kits themselves, and at least another thousand for labor. That should be your minimum.

SuperchargedGTZ
03-08-2003, 09:45 AM
i would say a little more than that....dyno runs, other miscellaneous items that need to be bought, like headers....etc, gauges, gauge pod, tranny cooler, BELIEVE the little shit adds up quick. but WELL worth it.

there is not too many cars that can hang with me

Censee
03-08-2003, 09:53 AM
hey gtz27...wasnt there an eclipse 6g72 running 400 crank hp....???what else needs to be done to run that amount on a galant??beides what u have?

Ghost Beat
03-08-2003, 10:47 AM
if you can crank the lant to 400 hp thats something id like to see..id be first in line for those parts.

Strahan
03-08-2003, 11:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghost Beat)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you can crank the lant to 400 hp thats something id like to see..id be first in line for those parts.</div>

All it takes is money https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif It's good these are Galants and not BMWs. A guy I know from an E38 forum supercharged his 740iL and converted it to an M5 six speed tranny spent $30000 on it. ($10k on supercharge, $20k on tranny swap). Makes 3-6k sound pretty good https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

SuperchargedGTZ
03-08-2003, 12:29 PM
well i dont think that is so far fetched. i mean right now i am prob around 315 to the crank and that was at 6psi and stock internals and still not tuned properly. my car is going to RIPP and I am having my engine built and get the BB so we can bump the psi

I am now excepting Pay Pal for donations.... :scary:

Mante
03-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Im going to put this out there to stop the silly rumor or just getting a forced inducted kit because frankly if the deal is there then jump on it....Me personally I have found out that the Vr4 galant motor is "almost" the same as the 3000gt motor uhh 6g72 or something SOOO meaning the parts are already here https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif Getting the 6a13TT means your internals are already up to parr as far as recieving the hell you can unleash on it Shane I threw that in there for you buddy lol

Getting that motor will be pointless absoultely pointess unless you get the clip due to the fact that you will have to replace the entire wiring harness as well as study the diagrams of both gen's (something Im doing now). Yes its an AWD tranny but a custom plate must be made to replace the piece that connects the driveshaft that runs to the rear wheels. After that its as good as Fwd as far as we are concerned https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Only major thing with this motor swap is the down time other then that simply reading and applyin it to your car!

All in all both avenue's will take you to places you havent been, trick is how dedicated are you? forced induction (4K)means basically gutting your internals(2K+install), oh yes tuning hmm hourly roughly 125/hr. Motor swap, well the deal you get on the clip cant be a B$@# I was lucky. Install doing myself with help which the tuning will also be done. Ive spent almost 2k and honestly I can see the end of the road! HIN here I come.

Sorry if I left out a few here and there or didnt use the correct terminology.