PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question about 8Gs and their jailbreaking hubcaps

musty_hustla
06-12-2010, 03:17 PM
We've owned a 2002 Galant for about 7 years and we have had the hardest time keeping hubcaps on the car! We buy a set and eventually we lose one here and one there--mind you only once have we actually seen one leave the car (they escape so stealthily! :jestera: ) We've also noticed that the majority of 8Gs in our area (DMV) are missing at least one hubcap! Is there some sort of factory flaw on the steelies or something that causes this?

Great forum btw
:8G:

G-spot
06-12-2010, 03:28 PM
You're not alone, many hubcaps were lost because of this. It has something to do with the weight of the front side putting a lot of dampening force on the front wheels during a bump or a dip in the road that causes the front hubs to bounce off. You just have to be careful where you drive and try not to run over a bump at full speed.

Sphinx
06-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Im lucky I still have mine ... theyre busted up and all but still there.
I just bought new tires for my stock steel wheels and wanted to replace them (the steel wheels) with out wasting my $550 tires.
Check out wheelmax.com they have some nice looking wheels that will fit the tires you have now for a fair price.
$0.02

musty_hustla
06-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks Sphinx for the link. I like those prices!

Sphinx
06-12-2010, 09:50 PM
My very good friend has been using them for a few years with very good service.
Glad to help.