PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering of Galant I4 2003.. Help need fix(consult)..

jr_superman
06-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Galant 03 I4 99,800 miles

Symptoms:
Park/Neutral = Idles fine at 800rpm..
Reverse/Drive = stutters like mad when first fired up then be fine after I drive it..(yes I've been pushing it)
Drive = when I accelerate(a tiny bit hard) it feels like the gears are slipping (my temp fix is not to gas too hard but gentle).. when I accelerate it feels like I'm losing power.. same once the 2nd gear is engaged it's like climbing a steep hill (gear slippage feeling): my thoughts though not the transmission because it still shifts smoothly..
Reverse/Drive + AC or + Brakes on a stop = stutters too and sometimes car dies..
Engine = When I throttle it up behind it(hard a bit) it sometimes stutters a tiny bit and at the same time the whole engine nods up like (hey what's up?) then stabilizes when I let go of the throttle..

I've read some post with same symptoms and I'm thinking of changing the 4 motor mounts first before the spark plugs and wires(maybe coils for tune-up)..(but I might just do at the same time)

For later/sooner tune-up:
Oil-Fluids (maybe no trans flush since they recommend not to change once you don't change it after 50k miles)
Belts
Water Pump?(not really sure about this I mean I can leave this out right?)
What Else should I do?(I asked now too because I think I need to have the car well taken care of)

I'm planning on changing it myself(provided I find pictures of the mounts How-to's)
Will be buying stuff at auto-zone probably next week.. I wish I could buy them online but no time..
What brands of sparks and wires do you recommend though?
Thanks so much in advance for tips..