PDA

View Full Version : Born Again Newbie, Please Help

bronxbomber4
06-15-2010, 01:11 PM
My '99 Mitsubishi Galant has been sitting idle for the past 6+ months. I finally got it to start. Thankfully I got around replacing the alternator or the starter. However i just need a good tune up. I was wondering if i could get some recommendations on where to go (I have a hard time putting trust in mechanics i dont know) and what parts and brands to buy for an overall tune up.

Things i know i need replaced are a radiator and spark plugs.

Any brand or retailers (online or brick in mortar) you recommend?

I already have a K&N Filter that just needs to be cleaned. Besides flushing various fluids (oil, transmission, steering, etc.) what else would you guys recommend.

I live in downtown Chicago area.

Thanks so much in advance to your feedback.

ricky_db
06-15-2010, 01:41 PM
i would just check you belts for crack or tears and change your timing belt at 75,000miles i think it is in addition to all the other stuff you stated and let the crop dusting begin lol

bronxbomber4
06-16-2010, 01:53 AM
Thanks. Any brands your recommend for the following:

Radiator
Spark Plugs
Belts

Thanks

DTP
08-08-2010, 07:45 PM
For a radiator i'd go Cryomax or CSF

mrg7243
08-08-2010, 10:04 PM
NGKs platinum r is what i use
radiator go oem
belt, i would go onto rockauto and find the timing belt kit thats what i did i went for the cheaper one

03chi-town0z
08-09-2010, 08:19 PM
you could always bring it down to the mitsu dealership where i work as a tech. we really make it a point to try and not butcher people when they don't need it, dealerships have had such a bad name for too long. we're only 3 years old now and doing our best to set a good example. i've already convinced a few modded evo guys to come through for warranty work because we dont believe in voiding your warranty if your parts havent caused the issue. why should anyone be penalized for wanting to get the most out of their car.

that being said, just because we are a dealer doesn't mean we will only install oem parts. if you are on a budget we can work with you too. pm me if you're interested, that way you can get taken care of the right way, especially if they know you are associated with me in some way, lol.

if you're going to do it yourself or on the side somewhere, csf is the brand i personally use on all of my family's cars when they dont want to pay for oem, stick with that if you can.